6mm Creedmoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6mm Creedmoor

Figured I would start my own topic for my new build. I won a 1/2 off rebarrel labor from Live Oak Precision last month and decided a creedmoor is ehat I wanted. Have a Rem 700 that will be trued up then chambered with a Bartlien 1:8" twist barrel and contoured in light palma. The stock for now will be a HS Precision Sendero take off I had laying around. My biggest wait right now is for the reamer to come in, which Scott ordered and paid for, then I can make the drive to Wylie. Had a few things show up in the way of dies and bullets. I just need to order bushings and a 6mm seating stem to complete the die set. Also picked up a pound of H4350 as well as RL17 to try out before buying a large quantity. Hoping to get 3000fps out of a 22" barrel. Anyway here is a pick of what just came in.

"It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

I will be very interested to follow this.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Sweet man!
      I'm considering running the new 130gr AR Bergers for my 6.5.

Will be following your build.
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
        Sweet man!

I haven't seen anyone running them yet, I don't think there are a whole lot out yet. I know Chad had some but I don't think he has ran any yet.

Comment

Subscribing as well.

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
          Sweet man!

Most of the guys are running the 140gr A-Max projectiles so I'll be anxious to hear your results.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
          Originally posted by Denny
          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Got a call from the gunsmith reamer is being shipped out, so I'll be taking parts some time soon. Also got these in and will be getting the optic soon.

Comment

Got a couple boxes of brass today courtesy of G. A. Precision.

For comparison here is a 6mm Creedmoor case , 7mm-08AI and a 308.

Comment

A little bit of a update. Dropped everything off at the gunsmith and amazed at the equipment he had for a one man show that just now started doing it full time. He already had the Bartlien in but needed to contour it down to my prefrence then true the action and chamber. I hopefully will have the barreled action back in a few weeks.

Comment

Who's doing your build?
                  Originally posted by Jester
                  Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                  He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                  Originally posted by Denny
                  What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                  FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Scott Weichel over in Wylie. The guy has a full cnc with mill all tied or linked together. Another cad controlled lathe plus a manual lathe and mill. He used to machine for stiller but now is a full time gunsmith on his own. Seems pretty reasonable on prices and he even covered the cost for the reamer since he didn't have it.

Comment

Nice Dee! Thinking about having a 6.5 Grendel built on a CZ mini Mauser action...
                      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

A guy on thf had one done with a light short barrel and it is awesome. I saw it when I dropped all of my stuff off. It pointed and handled beautifully.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                          A guy on thf had one done with a light short barrel and it is awesome. I saw it when I dropped all of my stuff off. It pointed and handled beautifully.
                          That's what is inspiring me to get it done. Always thought it would be a good gun, just needed some inspiration... Of course my wallet will have to catch up to my want-to, so who knows how long it will be...

Comment

It was a absolutely awesome handling gun. It's inspired me to keep my eyes open for one. Scott did a awesome job on it at that and is willing to work on anything.

Comment

Got my bottom metal inletted for t h e most part. I will bed it and install flush cups when the barreled action gets done.

Comment

Working...
                              X