Got a new truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
    I hear you man, these trucks are really expensive now days.

We had a 2013 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost drop by for a tune update, so we decided to drain the catch can for him while it was here. It's amazing a great these thing...

Get one on that truck asap. As far as what brand, I'm not sure because there are so many.

Also don't follow the Ford oil change interval computer. Don't go more than 4-5k miles on an oil change, these engines are very harsh on the oil due to fuel dilution from the direct injection.
    The oil change interval can be changed on the computer to accommodate what you like to change your oil at too. It'll just start at 50% life if you want to do the 5000 mile interval.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post

Also don't follow the Ford oil change interval computer. Don't go more than 4-5k miles on an oil change, these engines are very harsh on the oil due to fuel dilution from the direct injection.

I've already been doing 5k intervals on my eco just for the convenience of remembering to do it and 7500 seemed too long, so this is good info to know. So far mine is just over a year old and 23k miles with 0 issues.

Comment

48k on my 13 eco, changes at 5k religiously w motorcraft oil and filter. No issues worth mention.

Also just drill a 1/16" hole in the CAC per instructions on any of the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
          dont roll it, or it will shred like a tin can. i saw a video on facebook.
          Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
          Really? I know people have put custom tunes that really pushed them to the limits an blew them up.

But I was thinking hypertech due to I have used them on manu trucks an they typically have safe tunes
          Originally posted by jluv View Post
          I believe he is referring to actually rolling the vehicle over and crushing the aluminum body.

But, I think the answer to your original question is probably "yes". If you have a warranty, you are taking a chance that it will be voided.
          Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
          I did not know a tuner would roll ur truck. Lol. Ok, i get what he is saying. I prefer not to roll them. Thought he meant roll the tune.

Confirmed, records boost, rpm, shft points. Will be a long while before I can get one
          THE FUCK?

Comment

Working...
          X