Pate swap meet, who's going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
    Not going this time... the last few years out there (and swap meets in general) have been disappointing to me.

Maybe next year.

mardyn
    If you find Pate "disappointing", you weren't looking to buy anything anyway. Most that go to Pate end up buying stuff they didn't even know they were looking for...lol

Comment

Most times I don't even buy anything. I got my oldest son interested,so I make it a point to go.

CN

Comment

Headed up there today.

Hopefully the weather holds out
        Last edited by Torinoman; 04-30-2016, 07:04 AM.
        1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

I plan on going out there tomorrow...is it worth going on a Sunday?
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
            I plan on going out there tomorrow...is it worth going on a Sunday?
            Lots of people packing up today, but on Sunday people just give shit away
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
              Lots of people packing up today, but on Sunday people just give shit away
              Great!!
              Originally posted by Da Prez
              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Wasn't planning to go but an unexpected death in the family brought me back on Wednesday. My father was already planning to pick up some parts he had ordered for his 56' Bel Air so I tagged along today. We didn't cover the entire place but from what I saw I wasn't that impressed. A lot of overpriced parts that we could find cheaper elsewhere. Some people think their junk is worth more than new/repro parts are. Maybe we missed seeing the good deals.

Comment

Pretty much a disappointment. Lots of empty spots and lots were packing up when we got there at 1.

CN

Comment

It was nuts how many people were gone by 7pm. We heard that some guys come Tuesday and setup so they can watch stuff come in the gate and grab it. I'd imagine most are beat by Saturday afternoon. I got some sheet metal for my '64 but missed out on some disc brakes and shoulda jewed on a sombrero center cap I needed.

Comment

Pretty bad turn out considering the last few years,weather forcast pretty much scared them away. Spent 6 1/2 walking today and didn't really find shit lol....

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                        from what I saw I wasn't that impressed. A lot of overpriced parts that we could find cheaper elsewhere. Some people think their junk is worth more than new/repro parts are. Maybe we missed seeing the good deals.
                        This is why I skip Pate anymore. Gas monkey and American picker prices. Decatur is the best meet of the year by far

Comment

Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
                          Pretty much a disappointment. Lots of empty spots and lots were packing up when we got there at 1.

CN
                          People were leaving at 12 when I got there.

Out of thr 12 miles, I saw 2 or 3 sets of aluminum sbf heads and about 3,000 gt40 intakes...

And $500+ for LS 243 heads???

$400 and not budging on red fox seats?

No gmt800 bumpers/ interior.

2 years ago when I went it was a lot better.
                          Last edited by 91CoupeMike; 05-01-2016, 06:32 AM.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Some good, some bad. I was able to do exactly the deal I wanted (traded new, but wrong sized center caps for correct size), so that's nice. Still, place was packing up fast yesterday afternoon so it was a long walk past empty spaces and trucks/trailers to see stuff that was for sale.

Comment

It was a ghost town sunday morning. Everyone was gone or packing up.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Got there at 8am Saturday with my dad. We were expecting warmer weather so we were pretty cold for a few hours! Saw Clayton and heard that Kevin was near but didn't see him. Denny showed up later, and we went to the Smoke Pit for lunch.
                                Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                                Some good, some bad. I was able to do exactly the deal I wanted (traded new, but wrong sized center caps for correct size), so that's nice. Still, place was packing up fast yesterday afternoon so it was a long walk past empty spaces and trucks/trailers to see stuff that was for sale.
                                Dang, I didn't know you were there!

You are right about walking past tons of trailers and trucks. It also seemed like over half the swap was motorcycle stuff this year. Pate never disappoints on overpriced and unusable '55-57 Chevy stuff. I came with a wad of cash to buy any good Hemi or FL parts but there was almost nothing. I did pick up a flawless pair of '61 Dodge tail lights for $40 to flip (expect 500ish). It was good to see some people, but for buying parts it was a waste of time.
                                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                                X