Pate swap meet, who's going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
    Nope.....going to be the second year in a row I have missed it! I sold off every one of my project cars. Going to Pate would only fuel the fire to start on something else. I have been thinking about the next project but I am thinking more along the lines of another newer car with a turbo kit or supercharger.
    Lame.

Comment

114 at 156 will be closed Friday night starting at 9 just a FYI

For those that will be going west

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
        Lame.
        Having about 40 less project cars/trucks and 4 less restored cars to look after and keep up....PRICELESS! I became a servant to my hobby! Everything is fun in moderation but once the hobby takes over your life. It is no longer a hobby! Between mowing the acreage around the project cars, weed eating around them, keeping tires aired up, keeping the valuable parts covered from weather and just the general things to look after ~40 cars sitting outside. Then add on top of that keeping 4 completely restored cars up. Something always needed oil changed, tires aired up, keep lights functioning, repairing leaks, drips etc and always something to clean! It seriously turned into a hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
          Having about 40 less project cars/trucks and 4 less restored cars to look after and keep up....PRICELESS! I became a servant to my hobby! Everything is fun in moderation but once the hobby takes over your life. It is no longer a hobby! Between mowing the acreage around the project cars, weed eating around them, keeping tires aired up, keeping the valuable parts covered from weather and just the general things to look after ~40 cars sitting outside. Then add on top of that keeping 4 completely restored cars up. Something always needed oil changed, tires aired up, keep lights functioning, repairing leaks, drips etc and always something to clean! It seriously turned into a hassle.
          Geez man. I guess anything worth doing is worth over doing. Have you considered just one? That's all I've had for 20+ years and it's just fun more than anything.

Comment

For those looking at Saturday:

Thunderstorms likely, especially in the morning...and becoming windy. A few storms may be severe. High 83F. Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 80%

Comment

I hope the weather holds out. I can only make it on Saturday. I have a huge list of things I am looking for.

CN

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                If weather cooperates, I expect to be out there Friday after lunch. Fingers crossed.
                x2

Comment

might try and go out there Saturday, anyone know the hours??

Comment

April 27 – April 30, 2017
                    Thursday - Sunday
                    Gates Open at 7 am

Sure has grown since I went last when it was south of Ft. Worth!
                    Mustangs previously owned:
                    1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
                    1992 LX AOD
                    1993 LX Drag Car
                    1995 GTS
                    1997 Cobra
                    2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
                    Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
                    2016 Honda Accord Touring
                    2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

Originally posted by RWhite View Post
                      Sure has grown since I went last when it was south of Ft. Worth!
                      It hasn't been the same since it left Cresson. It was like a Woodstock for car parts. If you never carried car parts up that hill after it rained you will never experience the real Pate swap meet.

Comment

Originally posted by kobuzz View Post
                        It hasn't been the same since it left Cresson. It was like a Woodstock for car parts. If you never carried car parts up that hill after it rained you will never experience the real Pate swap meet.
                        That's no lie. Some peoples once a year work out

Comment

Comment

Did not walk it all, found what I wanted and left. Lots of good deals after looking at a bunch of overpriced junk.

Comment

Last time I checked the weather it should be pretty decent tomorrow. I'll be up there just for fun, not looking for anything but I can never turn down a good deal on BBF parts
                              1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Fuck, Friday is worth going to if you can. Working in the a/c has turned me into a total bitch, I bought more shit to keep the sun off of me than car parts. Total haul 1 towel,1 hat, 1 sombrero and 1 sombrero style rally center cap.

Comment

Working...
                                X