Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use the Samsung Gear iconX ear buds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use the Samsung Gear iconX ear buds?

Thinking of getting the iconX ear buds, partly for jogging and partly for the wireless ear bud feature. Anyone have any likes/dislikes about them?

I've read a few reviews and the battery life seems to suck for streaming from your phone, but load music on them they last a lot longer. 4 gigs of space is a bunch, so that will be the way I go most likely.

Link to the product, if you're interested in details.

I went ahead and ordered a pair on Amazon, I'll give my review by the weekend after I've had a chance to try em out.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
      I went ahead and ordered a pair on Amazon, I'll give my review by the weekend after I've had a chance to try em out.
      Please do. I'm interested in them, but I doubt I'll ever use any of the fitness stuff. I just want to know how they sound and how loud they are. With the exception of my wireless Beats headphones, all of the wireless earphones I've tried are too damn quiet.

Comment

They arrive tomorrow so I'll post up how they sound. Amazon reviews say they get loud, have good bass, but battery life sucks if you stream via blue tooth. Like 90 minutes... Load music on them and they last much longer. I guess they are not built for long use, mostly working out, and most people do not work out for several hours.

Comment

These things are NOT worth $200. I am printing a return shipping label and sending them back to Amazon tomorrow.

1. Says you can download 1000 songs, use the Iconx PC manager app. Nowhere can I find it for a PC, only a mobile device.

2. Use the app to Xfer music from my phone to the ear buds. Get about 20 songs loaded up, go to try it and only plays out 1 ear bud.

3. Stream via Bluetooth from my phone, works great, both ear buds work.

4. Probably can't find the settings, but it measures my run in kilometers, not miles.

5. Did NOT sync back to my phone when I did a small running test, as it said it would to the S Health app

6. Very touchy controls, all hand swipes or touches for different results. My dog was trying to jump in my face and I guess turning my head my shoulder touched it, it kept playing the next track...

Comment

They look dumb anyways!

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
              They look dumb anyways!
              Well, not as bad as the stupid cord these have!

Click me

Ordered them, arrive tomorrow. Guess I'll just carry the phone with me when I go running. That was a big benefit to me, just pop the ear buds in and go, nothing else to take with me!

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
                With the exception of my wireless Beats headphones, all of the wireless earphones I've tried are too damn quiet.
                I am loving my wireless beats. The connecting cable kinda sucks but damn they sound awesome and the sound cancelation is badass. Best 140 bucks I have spent on electronics in a long time.

Comment

The new ones I got aren't bad. Just ran 3.29 miles with them in, no problems. They definitely get loud, bass is decent, nothing to brag about by any means, but OK. For $50 tho, no complaints!

Comment

Working...
                  X