Man forcibly removed from overbooked United Airlines flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man forcibly removed from overbooked United Airlines flight

Video footage of a United Airlines passenger being forcibly removed from a Chicago flight headed to Louisville, Kentucky, on Sunday surfaced online. The ordeal occurred after volunteers were asked to give up their seats to accommodate crew members in the overbooked flight. When no one offered, security was called in to handle the situation. The man was eventually allowed to return back to his seat.

How the fuck do you over book a flight? The plane has 300 seats, you sell 300 tickets. If you are trying to accommodate crew members and nobody volunteers then the crew members have to wait. I hope this costs United way more than the $800 they were offering.

Comment

It's a common occurrence. This way there is always an ass in every seat. I'm sure there's more to this story.

Comment

I really hope United gets dragged through the mud over this.

Comment

What is irritating me about this story is that they keep talking about being overbooked.. Being fucking overbooked wasn't the goddamn issue. That crew that just had to be on the plane. So they sold a seat, issued a seat number, let the guy sit down, then decided they would rather have their employee in that seat for the airline's convenience.

Absolute horseshit, IMO, and I hope that guy gets fucking paid.

Comment

That is complete bullshit! I don't go outside the U.S., so I only fly Southwest Airlines and if they don't go there or get me close enough for me to drive the rest of the way, I don't need to go. AA, United, Delta, all suck cock! Their staff is rude and they are always asking premium monies to fly with them. Planes are always breaking down at the gate or running late.
            Not saying that SWA isn't perfect, I have had to wait an hour or two a few times, but I get free drinks and a crew that goes above and beyond with their customer service. I hope that guy gets paid.

PS I was lmao off at him screaming and looking like he was knocked out, I would probably be doing the same thing though, haha!
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

i don't get it!!!!!!! i understand the flight was overbooked but he refused to move so they dragged him off?

Comment

I guess these cocksucking cockroaches over book thinking a few paying customers won't show up and there employees (crew) can get on in the empty seats. Fuck them, they can wait or offer up free tickets or CASH. I might consider but, its up to me if I want to and if not, they can catch the next flight, I booked and paid for my seat...
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

it depends if i'd give up my seat especially on how long i waited to board the flight

Comment

Should have offered $10k cash, someone would have taken it and it would have cost them allot less than this lawsuit is going to.
                    1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
                    TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
                    Work In Progress

Comment

Originally posted by lowfast View Post
                      Should have offered $10k cash, someone would have taken it and it would have cost them allot less than this lawsuit is going to.
                      That's what doesn't make sense. Usually the airline will offer a cash voucher to take a later flight.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        That's what doesn't make sense. Usually the airline will offer a cash voucher to take a later flight.
                        They did offer that. First $400, then $800 for volunteers. Nobody was interested, so they selected people to get bumped. Those people they selected will still get compensation, but not necessarily the $800 amount.

Comment

Fuck that noise

I can't think of a flight I have ever taken where $800 and a later flight would convince me to give up my seat.

That dude was way to docile to get drug like that. Fuck you, your gonna have to threaten to taze me to get me out of that seat. Anyone that isn't a uniformed officer puts hands on you like that one guy dragging him is getting more than a little resistance.

That said, I had an employee miss his R&R out bound flights when the Niger government just took all the seats from this shitty little airport. Even this 3rd world country handled it better than United.
                          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                            Fuck that noise

I can't think of a flight I have ever taken where $800 and a later flight would convince me to give up my seat.

That dude was way to docile to get drug like that. Fuck you, your gonna have to threaten to taze me to get me out of that seat. Anyone that isn't a uniformed officer puts hands on you like that one guy dragging him is getting more than a little resistance.

That said, I had an employee miss his R&R out bound flights when the Niger government just took all the seats from this shitty little airport. Even this 3rd world country handled it better than United.
                            I was flying from Houston to dallas, Southwest way overbooked the flight. They offered free tickets to take a later flight, then free tickets plus cash, then free tickets, cash, and a limo to take 4 people to dallas. I volunteered then, called my ride and let them know i was taking a limo, and we got in the car. The plane was delayed, and I was dropped off before it landed at DFW. It was a win for me, I got a few hundered bucks, two stand-by passes, and didnt have to be picked up from the airport.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              They did offer that. First $400, then $800 for volunteers. Nobody was interested, so they selected people to get bumped. Those people they selected will still get compensation, but not necessarily the $800 amount.
                              I know at AA if you are flying on passes you can get bumped for full price paying customers, flight crew or seniority, but I have never heard that you can be bumped for being a paid customer. I know because my S.I.L works for AA corporate and we have been informed that we could get bumped and you can't make a scene or be rude about it.
                              That's why I choose to pay and fly with SWA, When I get done doing whatever it is i'm doing, I'm ready to go home and I don't want to be stuck waiting for seats to open up, I'd rather pay full price and get home.

Comment

Working...
                              X