Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck them... I hope this video goes viral and they get it in the ass

Comment

CEO already made a generic statement of "we are looking into our procedures." Unless there is more to the story than we currently know I hope that guy owns Untied before this is all over.
      1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
      TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
      Work In Progress

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        I was flying from Houston to dallas, Southwest way overbooked the flight. They offered free tickets to take a later flight, then free tickets plus cash, then free tickets, cash, and a limo to take 4 people to dallas. I volunteered then, called my ride and let them know i was taking a limo, and we got in the car. The plane was delayed, and I was dropped off before it landed at DFW. It was a win for me, I got a few hundered bucks, two stand-by passes, and didnt have to be picked up from the airport.
        Yeah, me and risa got $800 to bump a flight leaving Vegas, to a flight that got us in 1.5 hours later. Well worth it.

Comment

I'm sure race will be brought up in the lawsuit as well.

Comment

I love how "procedure" here is about to hammer United.

New training = $
            Legal Defense (and ultimate loss) = $
            Marketing scramble to stop the bleeding = $
            Stock market hit = $
            Immediate passenger number hit = $

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
              I'm sure race will be brought up in the lawsuit as well.
              A black or potentially brown man was removed from United flight today by white police officer.

Comment

Hilarious.

"We picked a random paying passenger and drug his ass off using airport police" is not going to be a great defense in court.
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Overbooking is a common strategy in hotel and airline revenue management strategies. There are ALWAYS people who don't show up, it's just a matter of how many. Frequent travelers, and even some non-frequent travelers, know this. It's just business.

The problem here isn't that they misjudged how many people would no-show; that happens frequently. The problem is the way they handled it. Having worked in hotels for almost a decade, I have never met a customer I couldn't make feel like they were properly compensated for us being over-booked with no room to accommodate them. You just have to find out what their compensation threshold is, and then throw in enough extras to make them feel like they are getting the better end of the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                    That's what doesn't make sense. Usually the airline will offer a cash voucher to take a later flight.
                    Taking the voucher is selling yourself short.

When your flight is oversold and you're denied boarding, federal law requires an airline to pay you 200% of your one-way ticket price — up to $650 — if you're delayed by one hour, and 400% of your one-way ticket price — up to $1,300 — if you're delayed by two or more hours. But airlines don't always offer the full amount, instead dangling restrictive travel vouchers that expire after a year in front of their customers.

Here's how the numbers break down: In 2013, the average denied-boarding compensation was $643. Only about one in 10 bumped passengers will challenge their involuntary denied-boarding compensation, because they aren't aware that they could be entitled to much more than airline funny money.

Comment

When I worked for Northwest, whether I was flying revenue or non-rev, I NEVER bumped a paying passenger, because it was company policy that the customer always came first. That concept must be lost on United.
                      Now, that being said, I did sometimes get bumped from coach to first class if coach was oversold, and first was undersold.
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Comment

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

somehow he gets back on the plane still bloody from being removed

watch at the 1:30 mark.....

Last edited by scootro; 04-10-2017, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Comment

godzilla godzilla! just had to

Comment

Working...
                                X