No announcement yet.

Man forcibly removed from overbooked United Airlines flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the officers who dragged a passenger off a United Airlines flight did not follow standard operating procedures and has been placed on leave, according to the Chicago Aviation Department. It …

One of the officers who dragged a passenger off a United Airlines flight did not follow standard operating procedures and has been placed on leave, according to the Chicago Aviation Department.

It was not immediately clear which of the three men seen in a viral video taken by another passenger was placed on leave.

The department, which did not name the officer, said it did not condone the aviation security officers’ actions Sunday night.

Comment

Not going to lie. I took a $600 voucher and 1.5hr delay from Boston to DFW on AA years ago. Ironically, the original flight was delayed and I met folks at the DFW baggage claim that I saw as I got off the original flight. That voucher allowed me to go home for Christmas that year. WELL worth 1.5hrs of my time.
      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

I'm surprised the Police did that to him, do they not realize he's not black?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
          Once the hues go from white into brown it all gets very confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
            lmao

Comment

So, just a general question, what is an airline to do if NOBODY wants to volunteer? And if a "randomly selected" person tells them to take a hike?
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                So, just a general question, what is an airline to do if NOBODY wants to volunteer? And if a "randomly selected" person tells them to take a hike?
                Pay for the employees to fly on another carrier or flight.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                  The airline had several other options.
                  (1) Up $$$ the incentive until they got a volunteer.
                  (2) Pay for a different method of transportation for their other employees.
                  (3) Don't overbook the flight to begin with.

Me and the family went to Hawaii back in February. Because of the way airlines juggle pilots and flight crews our flight was canceled because it started snowing. They claimed that it was weather related but it had more to do with the pilot not getting off the ground before he ran out of hours to fly.

Comment

United Airlines stocks will take a hit. It'll be interesting to see how bad tomorrow. Don't underestimate the power of social media

Comment

Also look how quick the three cops were to go hands on with a guy, who by all accounts, had broken no laws. Last I checked their job isn't to enforce airline policy. I would be including them in any lawsuit that followed. FTP!

Comment

Comment

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cyclonescott View Post
                              Also look how quick the three cops were to go hands on with a guy, who by all accounts, had broken no laws. Last I checked their job isn't to enforce airline policy. I would be including them in any lawsuit that followed. FTP!
                              Those cops were fucking idiots and Delta will pay for this one way or the other.

However, do you have a right to fly? Delta is privately owned and they can kick you off the plane if they want to. Criminal Trespass in Texas is what I assume they would use.

CRIMINAL TRESPASS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person enters or remains on or in property of another, including residential land, agricultural land, a recreational vehicle park, a building, or an aircraft or other vehicle, without effective consent and the person:
                              (1) had notice that the entry was forbidden; or
                              (2) received notice to depart but failed to do so.
                              (b) For purposes of this section:
                              (1) "Entry" means the intrusion of the entire body.
                              (2) "Notice" means:
                              (A) oral or written communication by the owner or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner;
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I would think that criminal trespass would be a stretch because.
                                (A) He was a paying customer.
                                (B) He hadn't done anything to warrant being kicked off the plane.
                                Without searching case law I'm not sure of the president for forcibly removing someone from a plane just because you need to make room. In the end I would guess it will come down to who the presiding judge is and how good each sides lawyers are.

I'm not one for more regulation but,,,,,,,, no business should be able to overbook anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X