Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
    I'm full of great ideas
    To be fair, that doesn't mean it's going to work. Kinda like the left. Ya know?

Comment

Once the ice does melt in a Yeti or Pelican cooler, the water stays ice cold for a while too, keeping whatever is inside cold.

Comment

The colster works like a champ. Used it a ton this summer while lounging in the pool. I'd have it just sitting on the hot bricks for 45min baking in the sun and the beer would still be dam cold.

Comment

Originally posted by RJDCobra View Post
          The colster works like a champ. Used it a ton this summer while lounging in the pool. I'd have it just sitting on the hot bricks for 45min baking in the sun and the beer would still be dam cold.
          1) a 12 oz beer should never make it long

2) i dont care how insulated it is, the top of the can is aluminum which has a very high heat transfer coefficient. AND the mouth is open...so theres no way the insulative properties are nearly as good as people make them out to be. Buying them because theyre a hip brand done well is ok, but dont claim its about keeping about keeping shit cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            so theres no way the insulative properties are nearly as good as people make them out to be. but dont claim its about keeping about keeping shit cold.
            There are plenty of tests out there that prove the opposite. I haven't seen one done outside, but there is one done in a heated room.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
              looking to get a bulk order (50)

anyone have a suggestion? this seems harder than it should be
              There's a good chance that Clean Ridez will be a Yeti dealer next week. I'll see what I can do.
              Last edited by diablo rojo; 10-29-2015, 07:14 PM.

Comment

FYI, we're doing hydrographics on Yeti cups now.

Comment

solid investment. what ever happened to red solo cups?

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    There are plenty of tests out there that prove the opposite. I haven't seen one done outside, but there is one done in a heated room.
                    Ive seen a few different tests and theres quite a large spread between all of them. There is no doubt that its among the best performing coozies ever...if not the best...but again that performance isnt even needed until you surpass 30-45 minute mark when you compare it to a foam coozie. With an open top...they can only perform so well.

The last test i read literally listed a "con" of a foam coozie as "you have to tell your friends why youre too cheap to buy a colster". Thats keeping up with the jonses down to the coozie level!!!

But again...who keeps 12oz for an hour? Thats more embarassing than me using an old ass smokeless tobacco coozie or whatever handout ive gotten.

Comment

Just let me be a hater!

Comment

The last test i read literally listed a "con" of a foam coozie as "you have to tell your friends why youre too cheap to buy a colster". Thats keeping up with the jonses down to the coozie level!!!

That's gay. I don't have a Colster. I like the foam worthless ones you get from concerts because they fold up and I can carry them in my pocket when not in use.

But again...who keeps 12oz for an hour?
                        I don't disagree there. But, why not have your beer colder for however long it takes anyone to drink a beer at their own pace, even if that span is only 15 minutes?

The tumblers interest me. Tests show they perform at a high level. I just can't wrap my cheap ass brain around paying $40-60 for one (depending on size). I have a Grizzly cooler, but only because it was a gift. I can't justify the expense.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Everytime i see those cups or the colster...i think "what a sucker for branding"...as i slip away in my brand name shoes with my almost nice clothes. Then i think...why is it ok for me to pay a premium for clothes of name brand, but not ok for someone to use a brand name overpriced cup?
                          haha! so true.

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            That's gay. I don't have a Colster. I like the foam worthless ones you get from concerts because they fold up and I can carry them in my pocket when not in use.

I don't disagree there. But, why not have your beer colder for however long it takes anyone to drink a beer at their own pace, even if that span is only 15 minutes?

The tumblers interest me. Tests show they perform at a high level. I just can't wrap my cheap ass brain around paying $40-60 for one (depending on size). I have a Grizzly cooler, but only because it was a gift. I can't justify the expense.
                            I like that i can pocket the foam too. And i frequently do.

Within 15-30 minutes you probably still wont break out of the mid 40s with a foam coozie, which is still great for even an american light beer. Any craft beer will be good to the mid 50s, and i like dark heavy beer at the high range of the 50s to low 60s.

So while the colster may keep your beer at 38F in 30 minutes, foam coozies may be 43F. At that point i could care less...and again...craft beer actually should be served warmer in nearly all instances, and im not gonna pull my beer out of ice and let it reach temp then put it in a colster.

But i will agree...if your only goal is to keep it the coldest the longest...this is probably the best product. Yeti is great at what they do...both thermal management and branding.

And the tumbler makes the most sense of any yeti product (unless youre a hunter) to me because it will be used so frequently that the yeti durability and quality makes sense. The people i see at work use theirs all day every day. I could never pull the trigger myself because i have like 50 promotional thermoses, tervises, and other cups from vendors. I also dont let drinks sit long enough for them to get cold or warm...so id be paying for performance i would never use.

Comment

Serious business

Comment

i just drink the beer.

Comment

Working...
                                X