Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What daily would you buy for under $5000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can find some Honda Accords in real nice shape for 5k or under. They have a good amount of miles on them but they last like a mofo.
    "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Christ some of you guys are boring nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
        Miata is a fun car, but I can't see myself daily driving one. All depends on what you're looking for.

Fast car - 4th gen Fbody

Luxury Car - Lincoln Towncar

Sporty Car - Miata/C4 corvette

Gas saver - Toyota Camry.

If you were interested, I am selling an 02 Z28 with 121k for $5k.
        Talk to me about that 02 Z28.... O.o

Sent from my LGL82VL using Tapatalk
        "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
          Christ some of you guys are old nowadays.
          ftfy
          sigpic

Comment

I got my G35s cheap. Short of minor things (and now the a/c), I haven't had any major repairs. I'm likely going to throw it up for sale once I get the a/c squared away.

Comment

Not necessarily this specific one, but I love the old Integra GSR's. Reliable and fun little cars, good mpg as well.

Comment

I went through the same deal with my brother after his daily killed a head gasket a couple months back. We found him an 05 accord that was right at 5K after some minor maintenance and tax/registration. The K series motors are solid and they had the auto trans issues mostly worked by the mid 2000s

There are so many of them out there that multiple new examples pop up on craigslist nearly every day. We also looked at the Camry from around the same model year but there were just not enough of them to pick from.

I would stay away from the Integras. They are really great cars but in this area are stolen too frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
                  Talk to me about that 02 Z28.... O.o

Sent from my LGL82VL using Tapatalk
                  Not much to say. Automatic, Navy Blue metallic, SLP lid and catback. 5 foot paint job. Everything works on it. Dash is cracked, minor rip on the drivers seat. It's in the classifieds here.

I'll say one thing, it fucking HAULS for a near stock car. Easily faster my lid/tune/lt header 98 Formula.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                    06-up civic si coupe

Fun to drive, sporty, 6 spd. Super reliable, bulletproof motor k20z3. Super easy to work on with cheap oem and aftermarket parts. 30mpg.

200hp 2900lbs i think. I love mine as a daily.
                    If you can find one for $5k, it's going to be beat to hell. The better option would be a non-Si model with the 5 speed that gets 40 mpg.

Comment

Mentioned before, if you're short an is 300 is a good daily

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                        Mentioned before, if you're short an is 300 is a good daily
                        How so? They are slow and get terrible gas mileage.

Comment

I would look for the nicest, most reliable truck 5K can buy.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                            How so? They are slow and get terrible gas mileage.

I guess a g35 would work too.

If it's me, I get a 96-00 civic with a manual transmission and put 2500 back in the bank to save up for a better daily.

Comment

Jc is kind of under selling his fbody, it looks decent enough to daily

Originally posted by JC316
                              02 Z28. 122K miles. Runs and drives great. Cold A/C and hot heat. Pretty much bone stock, has an SLP lid and catback. Has the typical cracked dash and one rip on the seat that I'm going to sew up. Good tires, ready to drive. Clean texas title in hand. $5500

[URL=http://s108.photobucket.com/user/JC316_2006/media/02%20Z28/mini-SAM_0032_zpszdfocado.jpg.html]

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                                You can find some Honda Accords in real nice shape for 5k or under. They have a good amount of miles on them but they last like a mofo.
                                I've seen several 2000ish models for under $3k

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X