Grocery/Food Delivery/PickUp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scootro View Post
    what fat ass spends $20 bucks at Mcdonalds to feed two people?
    Honestly prices of the combo's may have gone up more than you realize. We drove thru the other day on the way home from being at a tournament all day and I think the total was $18 or so bucks. 2 Combos at $6.79 each + Sharing a shake at $2.99 = $16.57+1.41 Tax = $17.98. One of the combos was a chicken wrap and the other was one of their chicken sandwiches.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      A small big mac meal is $6.59. Add a medium or supersize it, and you're well into 8 bucks with tax.
      I haven't been since I moved last year and we were starving and needed something fast, but it was almost $20.00 for two meals with drinks.

Fuck MickyD's, Kenny's is about $25.xx-ish (wot) for two burgers and we share a fry and one drink, wife gets water.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        A small big mac meal is $6.59. Add a medium or supersize it, and you're well into 8 bucks with tax.
        Exactly. While doable, you're going to get shit food from shit fast food places for $20 for two people.

I guess you could do the 2 for $20 at applebees and eat some underwhelming food for for $25 or so, assuming you don't get beverages.

Comment

Ya'll need to find a grocery store that isn't crowded. Welcome to Prosper!

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            Exactly. While doable, you're going to get shit food from shit fast food places for $20 for two people.

I guess you could do the 2 for $20 at applebees and eat some underwhelming food for for $25 or so, assuming you don't get beverages.
            At that point I'd rather go to Chipotle which includes Chips, Guac, and 2 drinks for under $20.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
              At that point I'd rather go to Chipotle which includes Chips, Guac, and 2 drinks for under $20.
              Not a fan of Chipotle so I'm unfamiliar with their prices. That does sound pretty reasonable.

Comment

It takes about an hour to shop for groceries. Unless I was disabled I don't see myself ordering groceries online. IMO it's lazy

Comment

i know
                  I misread what you posted, my mistake. Regardless, I can't take myself and my wife out for $20 a dinner.... Where do you eat for $10 each?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
                    It takes about an hour to shop for groceries. Unless I was disabled I don't see myself ordering groceries online. IMO it's lazy
                    My time is worth more than yours....IMO

Comment

Blue Apron is definitely the one more geared towards the foodie, and requires eaters who are not picky. I have not tried Hello Fresh.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post

Idiot.
                        Originally posted by CWO View Post
                        My time is worth more than yours....IMO
                        Exactly. It isn't lazy. It's efficient.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                          I misread what you posted, my mistake. Regardless, I can't take myself and my wife out for $20 a dinner.... Where do you eat for $10 each?
                          mexican, olive garden, pizza, applebees, chick fil a, chinese buffet, wendys, chili's, outback

you got $60 bucks to spend for three meals it's totally doable but i can see experimenting with the blue apron box meals for awhile it does look fun!

Comment

I have been seeing the commercials on these places, I might have to give them a try. The wife hates going to the grocery store, when she gets off of work and makes the 30-40 minute ride home thats the last place she wants to go is to Kroger(s) and shop for food and then come home to cook it.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

mexican, olive garden, pizza, applebees, chick fil a, chinese buffet, wendys, chili's, outback

you got $60 bucks to spend for three meals it's totally doable but i can see experimenting with the blue apron box meals for awhile it does look fun!
                              I also enjoy cooking as long as I have what I need and it's not frustrating. I despise traffic and typically food is subpar at places like you mentioned. It's not worth what you pay half the time.

Ordering online and cooking at home also allows a sip of whiskey or two through the process and good company in a comfortable environment.... usually barefoot, sometimes stoned. Hard to beat it, really. Or I can roll to Applebee's.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                                I have been seeing the commercials on these places, I might have to give them a try. The wife hates going to the grocery store, when she gets off of work and makes the 30-40 minute ride home thats the last place she wants to go is to Kroger(s) and shop for food and then come home to cook it.
                                Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                                X