Grocery/Food Delivery/PickUp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CWO View Post
    I also enjoy cooking as long as I have what I need and it's not frustrating. I despise traffic and typically food is subpar at places like you mentioned. It's not worth what you pay half the time.

Ordering online and cooking at home also allows a sip of whiskey or two through the process and good company in a comfortable environment.... usually barefoot, sometimes stoned. Hard to beat it, really. Or I can roll to Applebee's.
    i have to agree it's not worth it. also it's hard to beat sitting in the backyard with a beer and a grill.

Comment

I guess there really should be two categories.

Online grocery shopping:
      Kroger curb-side if you order online.
      Walmart curb-side if you order online.
      Amazon Fresh of course delivers to your door.

Meal kit delivery services are reinventing the dinner ritual a very good way. Working couples, singles, and busy families who care about eating fresh, home-cooked meals are flocking to the concept of a freshly prepped meal-in-a-box and the market is lighting up with a flurry of new offerings. For this [...]

Meal Delivery:
      Blue Apron
      Hello Fresh
      Freshly
      Plated
      Purple Carrot
      etc.
      My cousin and his wife do Freshly and they seem to like it. They provide "fresh" TV dinner type meals. Everything is prepared already, you just cook it,

Originally posted by scootro View Post
      $60 bucks a week for 3 meals is totally doable between two people to go out to eat for 3 times
      You won't find a place to eat for $20/person that is using fresh, quality ingredients. One reason that we like these type of services is because it keeps us out of the grocery store. If we don't go to the grocery store, we are less likely to buy junk. Be it junk food, or junk we don't need. Those impulse buys add up, in $$$ and clutter. It saves us 1-2 hours a week in shopping time. With a 9 month old, every minute we can save is well worth it. We coo these meals together, we set Lance in his high chair, start him on some pre dinner snacks, cook dinner, then we all sit down and eat together at the table.

If we stop and pick something up or go eat somewhere, it is $18+ typically, food is sub par and cooked under questionable circumstances at best.
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
        It takes about an hour to shop for groceries. Unless I was disabled I don't see myself ordering groceries online. IMO it's lazy
        Throw kids into the mix and that hour turns into 1.5 or 2, especially if you have an infant toddler. We used to be able to run to the store and get in, out, and home in 45 minutes. Now that we have Lance, hell it takes 20 minutes just to get ready to leave the house.

I misread what you posted, my mistake. Regardless, I can't take myself and my wife out for $20 a dinner.... Where do you eat for $10 each?
        Exactly! Even if we hit a "fast food" joint, we can't get out for less than $18

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Blue Apron is definitely the one more geared towards the foodie, and requires eaters who are not picky. I have not tried Hello Fresh.
        Exactly. It is fun getting to cook with a some of the ingredients you see used on the cooking shows, ingredients we wouldn't normally seek out. There have only been a couple of recipes that weren't just terrible taste wise (for our pallete). There are several that we sought out the ingredients to make on a somewhat regular basis.

I also enjoy cooking as long as I have what I need and it's not frustrating. I despise traffic and typically food is subpar at places like you mentioned. It's not worth what you pay half the time.

Ordering online and cooking at home also allows a sip of whiskey or two through the process and good company in a comfortable environment.... usually barefoot, sometimes stoned. Hard to beat it, really. Or I can roll to Applebee's.
        We sound a lot alike...Until that last part, lol, no herbage here. I love to cook and being introduced to new ingredients and spices is always a good thing. Though, I a, now minus one mandolin. Slicing zucchini last Tuesday and it caught and the blade ate 1/3 of the tip if my ring finger! You still doing any cake stuff?

Comment

Blue Apron any good for somebody who can burn water?

Looks like something I might want to try....
          1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
          1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
          2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
            mexican, olive garden, pizza, applebees, chick fil a, chinese buffet, wendys, chili's, outback

you got $60 bucks to spend for three meals it's totally doable but i can see experimenting with the blue apron box meals for awhile it does look fun!
            Applebees, Chinese buffet, Wedny's, Chili's, and Outback are shit.

I don't even claim to be a foodie or snobby, but that crap is on the same level as MCD's, just more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
              Exactly. It is fun getting to cook with a some of the ingredients you see used on the cooking shows, ingredients we wouldn't normally seek out. There have only been a couple of recipes that weren't just terrible taste wise (for our pallete). There are several that we sought out the ingredients to make on a somewhat regular basis............... You still doing any cake stuff?
              That's another benefit for us, well it will be. We both like new things, I just hate that you have to usually buy more than you need to make something once. I'm sure I'll tweak a recipe or two and make it ours.

Cakes? Naaa, the last one I made was a dummy I decorated for our wedding. That ship has sailed. Have you been doing any?

Comment

really guys?
                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

What about that new pickup service that Walmart has? I haven't tried it since they don't have a Windows app (no surprise there) but my daughter uses it and says it is sooooo worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                    really guys?
                    Really.

Comment

4 realz.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                        What about that new pickup service that Walmart has? I haven't tried it since they don't have a Windows app (no surprise there) but my daughter uses it and says it is sooooo worth it.
                        Just got the email that my order is ready. Going to leave work in 15 mins, grab it and head home for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                          Just got the email that my order is ready. Going to leave work in 15 mins, grab it and head home for the day.
                          It seems like a cool concept. I asked her about cold/frozen items and she said they keep it stored in a separate cooler and when you list the arrival time, they go pull it right before you get there. So far she hasn't had any issues.

Comment

Throw kids into the mix and that hour turns into 1.5 or 2, especially if you have an infant toddler. We used to be able to run to the store and get in, out, and home in 45 minutes. Now that we have Lance, hell it takes 20 minutes just to get ready to leave the house.

Exactly! Even if we hit a "fast food" joint, we can't get out for less than $18

Exactly. It is fun getting to cook with a some of the ingredients you see used on the cooking shows, ingredients we wouldn't normally seek out. There have only been a couple of recipes that weren't just terrible taste wise (for our pallete). There are several that we sought out the ingredients to make on a somewhat regular basis.

We sound a lot alike...Until that last part, lol, no herbage here. I love to cook and being introduced to new ingredients and spices is always a good thing. Though, I a, now minus one mandolin. Slicing zucchini last Tuesday and it caught and the blade ate 1/3 of the tip if my ring finger! You still doing any cake stuff?

Not to mention you end up with a basket full of stuff when your list may of had a dozen items. Our grocery visits are hardly below $300...granted it still gets eaten, but still.

Comment

That's another benefit for us, well it will be. We both like new things, I just hate that you have to usually buy more than you need to make something once. I'm sure I'll tweak a recipe or two and make it ours.

Cakes? Naaa, the last one I made was a dummy I decorated for our wedding. That ship has sailed. Have you been doing any?
                              Was that the one that I ordered the supplies for? Same with me, I did a dummy and some sheet cakes, an armadillo, and a dummy cake for our wedding a year and a half ago. I will be doing the kiddo's birthday cakes, but other than that, nada!

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                              Not to mention you end up with a basket full of stuff when your list may of had a dozen items. Our grocery visits are hardly below $300...granted it still gets eaten, but still.
                              Exactly. We have saved a TON of $$$ by reducing our grocery store visits. We usually stock up on proteins when Brookshires runs a .01 sale or has steaks on for a good price and have to grab fresh produce occasionally. We "grocery shop" about once a month and that is generally dictated by when we need formula or snacks for the kiddo, or when we need to make a costco run for dry goods.

Comment

Was that the one that I ordered the supplies for? Same with me, I did a dummy and some sheet cakes, an armadillo, and a dummy cake for our wedding a year and a half ago. I will be doing the kiddo's birthday cakes, but other than that, nada!

Exactly. We have saved a TON of $$$ by reducing our grocery store visits. We usually stock up on proteins when Brookshires runs a .01 sale or has steaks on for a good price and have to grab fresh produce occasionally. We "grocery shop" about once a month and that is generally dictated by when we need formula or snacks for the kiddo, or when we need to make a costco run for dry goods.
                                Yessir that was the last one.

We have been eating a lot healthier the past year or so and go to the grocery store about twice a week for fresh produce and all that jazz just about every time. Another reason to have it delivered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X