What are yall gonna do about the virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    You literally are the sheep. You are doing exactly what you're talking about. How is it not panic buying when you do it?
    I think there's a line of differentiation between buying supplies that you need in a reasonable quantity, and hoarding supplies from panic buying.

Comment

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
      I think there's a line of differentiation between buying supplies that you need in a reasonable quantity, and hoarding supplies from panic buying.
      What percentage did the hoarders deplete vs those that need it?

What quantity of hand sanitizer transitions from need to hoarding?

Comment

You literally are the sheep. You are doing exactly what you're talking about. How is it not panic buying when you do it?
        not one time did i panic buy nor did i hoard anything. it takes money to hoard shit and i don't have the money to spend that way and my freezer is full of fish and deer meat and if that's called hoarding then so be it but i came by it my damn self

Comment

What percentage did the hoarders deplete vs those that need it?

What quantity of hand sanitizer transitions from need to hoarding?
          You're the brilliant engineer, why don't you tell us? You can put it on a ppt slide for me if you'd like

Comment

• Originally posted by scootro View Post
            not one time did i panic buy nor did i hoard anything. it takes money to hoard shit and i don't have the money to spend that way and my freezer is full of fish and deer meat and if that's called hoarding then so be it but i came by it my damn self
            When was the last time in your life you bought all the ingredients to make hand sanitizer?

My whole point is that the number of customers looking for hand sanitizer has increased at least 10 fold. It's not just a bunch of panic buying idiots buying out supplies....its a massive need for a product that cant immediately be absorbed by supply chains and manufacturers.

Comment

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
              You're the brilliant engineer, why don't you tell us? You can put it on a ppt slide for me if you'd like
              That's what I thought...run away from the question little boy. Now go back to licking windows and stop trying to play captain save a hoe

Comment

When was the last time in your life you bought all the ingredients to make hand sanitizer?

My whole point is that the number of customers looking for hand sanitizer has increased at least 10 fold. It's not just a bunch of panic buying idiots buying out supplies....its a massive need for a product that cant immediately be absorbed by supply chains and manufacturers.
                Ummm, He wouldn't have to buy them if people weren't hoarding the legit already made hand sanitizer.

Comment

• I myself am at Walgreens, once maybe twice a week for things like soap, TP, Paper towels, baby wipes because I have 3 kids and a wife. Now those things are not found because a LOT of people who don't really need them are buying x3 of those things and more because they see other people buying them and so on and so forth. It pisses me off. Luckily because I normally shop that way I am ok, but when I do need those things because I am legitimately almost out it's hard to find. Understand how that works?

Comment

That's what I thought...run away from the question little boy. Now go back to licking windows and stop trying to play captain save a hoe
                    LOL! You really do make me laugh. There's no way for me to gauge what quantities of items were bought out of necessity vs fear, however i do agree with the point you made above about the demand being exponential as compared to before this all started. To your second question the transition from need to hoarding would largely be based on how long this stuff lasts and how quickly the supply chain recovers.

I didn't see your capt saveahoe comment until after my reply, but add another notch in the "you make me laugh" post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                      Ummm, He wouldn't have to buy them if people weren't hoarding the legit already made hand sanitizer.
                      How do you not understand this? The customer base for that product is easily 10X more than it's ever been in history. You don't need hoarders to run a supply dry with a surge that fast.

I dont personally know a single person hoarding sanitizer...do you?

Finally, hes buying a product now that hes likely never bought. So hes either a panic buying moron or hes just like everyone else and this is a supply/demand issue caused by a global PANDEMIC.

Comment

• It truly is sheep mentality, people see others buying things and think everything is going to run out so they stock up. If it weren't, toilet paper would not be a sold out item.

Comment

It truly is sheep mentality, people see others buying things and think everything is going to run out so they stock up. If it weren't, toilet paper would not be a sold out item.
                          At the start of this, the CDC recommended having 14-30 days of the essentials. That means anyone listening to those recommendations would have purchased 2-3X of what they normally need. It may have actually been even higher because more supplies are used at home that normally would have been consumed at the office place or a restaurant.

The vast majority of people aren't panic buying sheep, the supply chain just isnt set up for a 2-300% surge in general demand, and 1,000% surge for sanitizers. Thats life.

The only sheep i see are the sheep that keep taking blaming other "sheep" for doing exactly what they were late to the game for.

Comment

At the start of this, the CDC recommended having 14-30 days of the essentials. That means anyone listening to those recommendations would have purchased 2-3X of what they normally need. It may have actually been even higher because more supplies are used at home that normally would have been consumed at the office place or a restaurant.

The vast majority of people aren't panic buying sheep, the supply chain just isnt set up for a 2-300% surge in general demand, and 1,000% surge for sanitizers. Thats life.

The only sheep i see are the sheep that keep taking blaming other "sheep" for doing exactly what they were late to the game for.
                            How many people are you shopping for? Your needs don't equate to others. Quit trying to be mr badass, we all know you're not.

Comment

How many people are you shopping for? Your needs don't equate to others. Quit trying to be mr badass, we all know you're not.
                              I'll take that as an admission of you being wrong.

Comment

I'll take that as an admission of you being wrong.
                                My what, you not answering my question? Cool. I don't really care, just stating facts. Carry on.

Comment

Working...
                                X