No announcement yet.

Face masks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wear one pretty much in any store where/when I go inside. It's only intended to (possibly) stop me from transmitting it to others should I be an asymptomatic carrier. That being said I really don't care if others do the same or choose not to. Since the reopening of Texas I have been to my dentist, optometrist, and PCP once each. The dentist had their personnel wearing masks but did not require them for the patients in the waiting area, the optometrist was basically the same way, and the PCP had patients screened outside and then wait outside or in their cars until going back into an exam room.

Agree with @AnthonyS in that anyone who wears a mask thinking it protects them personally from COVID-19 is deluding themselves, though not so much from a failed education system in our country. The general public really has no reason to know much factual information about the protective ability of masks, respirators, or other PPE unless they use them in their professions.

Comment

I fear another major lock down and COVID-19 death spike! Maybe I'll get a second stimulus check

Comment

Masks are for riots and molotov cocktails now. Get with the times!

Comment

It’s weird here. Go to Boulder county and EVERYONE is wearing masks. Go to Weld County (where I live) and I’d say half the folks are wearing a mask.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            It’s weird here. Go to Boulder county and EVERYONE is wearing masks. Go to Weld County (where I live) and I’d say half the folks are wearing a mask.
            I think the masks are a liberal thing.

Here in TN you'll see more people of color wear them.

If that's not pc way of putting it then I don't apologize

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
              I think the masks are a liberal thing.

Here in TN you'll see more people of color wear them.

If that's not pc way of putting it then I don't apologize
              racist

Comment

I am around infected folks everyday so I wear a mask in public, not necessarily for my own protection but if I am asymptomatic to help prevent the shed of the virus.

And it is funny that we open back up, people stop wearing masks and counties are reporting record numbers again, will be interesting to see the numbers in the next few weeks with all these protests.
                At this rate we won't be done with this shit for a while.....

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                  racist
                  Certainly not.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                    I am around infected folks everyday so I wear a mask in public, not necessarily for my own protection but if I am asymptomatic to help prevent the shed of the virus.

And it is funny that we open back up, people stop wearing masks and counties are reporting record numbers again, will be interesting to see the numbers in the next few weeks with all these protests.
                    At this rate we won't be done with this shit for a while.....
                    Doctors at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) said Thursday that the coronavirus appears to be declining both in virulence and infection rate.

Comment

I was getting daily emails from the City of Frisco about new cases and deaths in Denton and Collin County, and we've been averaging less than one new case a day for over a month now. Interestingly that same email is now directing me to the State Health Services site's tracker, which I am hoping is just them deferring the duplicate effort, and nothing more. Here's the site for anyone interested in looking at the data that hasn't already.

Comment

This is the site i watch. Even with exponential growth in testing...texas barely saw a spike in cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          This is the site i watch. Even with exponential growth in testing...texas barely saw a spike in cases.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/unite...L3vUa3JwNRpsPo
                          That's a good site, thanks.
                          Originally posted by davbrucas
                          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Yesterday I flew into KC and drove with a coworker to Omaha. Back to KC this afternoon. There were a lot of masks in the airport but few once we got out of KC.

I'm parked in a hotel for the evening killing time until the flight home in the morning & seeing a bunch of young girls in cheer outfits running around like virus never existed. Only the hotel employees are masked here,

I'm beginning to think the liberals aren't going to end the nonsense until the day after the November election.

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
                              Yesterday I flew into KC and drove with a coworker to Omaha. Back to KC this afternoon. There were a lot of masks in the airport but few once we got out of KC.

I'm parked in a hotel for the evening killing time until the flight home in the morning & seeing a bunch of young girls in cheer outfits running around like virus never existed. Only the hotel employees are masked here,

I'm beginning to think the liberals aren't going to end the nonsense until the day after the November election.
                              I’m thinking there may even be post election and inauguration riots this time around. I’m starting to think this nonsense will be routine for the next several voting cycles.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                                I’m thinking there may even be post election and inauguration riots this time around. I’m starting to think this nonsense will be routine for the next several voting cycles.
                                It most definitely will if they don't start holding people responsible with some stiff penalties and find the source/money of these movements.

Comment

Working...
                                X