• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
    An inch larger in the rear...

That's what she said...

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
      That's what she said...
      Hah! I legitimately tried really hard to word that sentence so it didn't sound full of innuendo, and I still failed.

Comment

Damn you got them coated that quick??

Comment

Yeah, they arrived on Monday and by Monday night were coated. Takes about an hour per wheels cause of the heat gun. Hes usually pretty quick though.
          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
              Yeah, they arrived on Monday and by Monday night were coated. Takes about an hour per wheels cause of the heat gun. Hes usually pretty quick though.
              Where on earth did you get them ceramic coated that quick?

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                Where on earth did you get them ceramic coated that quick?
                That's what I'm saying. And with a heat gun?? Don't they have to be cured in an oven?

Comment

No, they just need a fairly warm ambient temp. Since he did them in a cooled 75* shop he had to use some heat. The ceramic coating tech has changed a lot. Its not like ceramic coating headers, think of it more as a super hard core long lasting wax.
                  Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                    No, they just need a fairly warm ambient temp. Since he did them in a cooled 75* shop he had to use some heat. The ceramic coating tech has changed a lot. Its not like ceramic coating headers, think of it more as a super hard core long lasting wax.
                    That makes more sense and thanks for the explanation. Thought about it and figured that there had to be different ways to apply it depending on what the item was. I've only had different engine components done before and I'm sure they needed to be applied differently than say wheels that don't have anywhere near the operating temperatures of say headers.

Comment

Sitting on her new 17" rears and drag radials. Getting it prepped for Novembers Half Mile run. Got a few engine enhancements and drive-train goodies on the way.

Comment

sure dont hate it
                        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Rounding into a very nice looking vette. The more time that goes by the more I appreciate the look of these model years. The new ones, while awesome machines, just look too much like a wedge/door stop, too many angles and it does not seem to be aging very well.
                          1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
                          TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
                          Work In Progress

Comment

Got to have some fun with some good friends at Little River tonight and get a baseline on the car before she goes under the knife. All in all I am happy with it. I also got to show off what my lovely lady got me for my birthday that I installed today. Also while the doors were apart we moved the tweeters to a much better location and they look kinda trick in my opinion. Hid them in the door handles housing.

Last edited by LaserSVT; 09-09-2017, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Man we almost got to meet each other. A buddy and i were talking about heading out there last night. In the end i stayed home. I am about 40 minutes south of little river.

Comment

She is under the knife right now getting some hard core goodies.

Comment

Working...
                                X