• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like TXR is back on!

Date Posted: 00:47:12 01/11/17 Wed
    Author: Cindi McMillan
    Subject: Texas Raceway

WE ARE RACING.. HOPE YOU WILL COME PLAY....Racing or not racing.. The uncertainty has stunk, I wish we could have had races and had the payout we've spent in lawyers. We would all be rich.

Things have changed for the better. Don't believe what you read.

I don't have all the answers but hope when we post the dates you will come and support us. Let's have a blow out banquet Jan 21 and crazy fun bracket finals team ever.

brackets only?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Looks like they are doing TOPMA, 5.50 and 7.0 Renegade on March 18 for starters

Comment

hey look!

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I figured....to much money to be made there...plus I'm sure the City/local businesses benefit from it.
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Yea!!!

Saw that the Kennedale City Manager who pushed for trying to make Kennedale more of a country club city is going to Corith. May have something to do with it.

I'm happy!
            Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Awesome news...definitely don't want to see any more tracks close (and I also don't want to see Denton become Kdale )

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                Awesome news...definitely don't want to see any more tracks close (and I also don't want to see Denton become Kdale )
                This. Got to make few passes at Denton recently and it was so nice not having to drive around idiots to get to the start line

Comment

Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
                  This. Got to make few passes at Denton recently and it was so nice not having to drive around idiots to get to the start line
                  That's one of the reasons i stopped going to to Kennedale years ago,i hit a guy during a burnout one time cause they just won't fucking move.... could care less if they stay open but that's good news.

Comment

I've actually run over someone in the lanes at Kennedale. It wasn't intentional but I didn't feel bad about it. I was pulling up in my lane next to one of the money grudge racers and for some reason part of his entourage decided to crawl under the car and lay across my lane. I'm sure it hurt pretty bad but he was able to stand up and cuss at me.

I don't know why anyone needs 47 people standing around their car in the staging lanes. At least one of them knows better than to lay down in front of other cars now though.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                      I've actually run over someone in the lanes at Kennedale. It wasn't intentional but I didn't feel bad about it. I was pulling up in my lane next to one of the money grudge racers and for some reason part of his entourage decided to crawl under the car and lay across my lane. I'm sure it hurt pretty bad but he was able to stand up and cuss at me.

I don't know why anyone needs 47 people standing around their car in the staging lanes. At least one of them knows better than to lay down in front of other cars now though.
                      Extra entertainment.

Keep waiting for a flying driveshaft to knock a dude on his ass.

I remember 20 years ago when at Denton you could stand beside the fence just down from waterbox next to the lane. Only took one time wearing shorts to burn my legs when an open header car when by.
                      Murph

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                        Extra entertainment.

Keep waiting for a flying driveshaft to knock a dude on his ass.

I remember 20 years ago when at Denton you could stand beside the fence just down from waterbox next to the lane. Only took one time wearing shorts to burn my legs when an open header car when by.
                        I've seen a fox body upper intake blow off a car on the starting line. It went through his hood and over the stands landing on the hood/windshield of a Karman Ghia. It could have pretty easily killed someone.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                          I've seen a fox body upper intake blow off a car on the starting line. It went through his hood and over the stands landing on the hood/windshield of a Karman Ghia. It could have pretty easily killed someone.
                          Probably totaled the Karman Ghia.
                          Murph

Comment

and gone
                            ** TEXAS RACEWAY UPDATE **

We had planned to race in 2017 but due to circumstances beyond our control it’s no longer an option. We are saddened by this situation but as I was reminded recently “Sometimes life isn’t fair”. As a result, Texas Raceway will not reopen for drag racing.

We want to thank you the racers, fans, our race crew and staff for their support all these years. It’s been a wonderful 15 seasons. We want to thank Gaylen Smith and Shan Morgan for their time and their dedication they bring to this sport. These folks have always supported the racers. We hope you will continue to support Texas Outlaw Pro Mod’s and the Redemption No Prep Series. We also want to thank our sponsors who have supported us. Painless Performance Products has been a very good friend to the track and continues to support racers and hot rod enthusiasts. Reher - Morrison has always backed the track and racers. Smith Motorsport, Brink Racecraft and RockAuto.com have been great supporters. Tom Carrell; Crowley Service Center has been sponsoring the street program for years and to all those that have helped the track in so many ways; thank you.

As my dad once said; “May you lights always be green, your motor never blow up and your win light always on.”

Happy trails
                            Cindi & Dave
                            Texas Raceway
                            1961 - 2017

LikeShow more reactionsCommentShare

Comment

^^^ was just about to post that. It sucks.
                              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                              X