Daily camera suggestions!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily camera suggestions!!

Looking into get a " your average daily camera". What are something to look for in a camera? Which camera do any of yous guys have ..., pro, cons?

I use my phone like normal people do.

Comment

i got the fancy iphone with the fancy 3 cameras, works pretty well, got rid of my SLR.
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

My Galaxy S8 takes pretty good pics so generally it is my daily camera. For those instances that I need something a little bit better I have a Canon Powershot SX230 HS. Its a few years old but is still a great little camera and takes great pics.

Comment

I use a Sony A57, and a Nicon D40

Comment

Cell phone cameras are badass now unless you need low light performance.

Comment

Cameras are like cars. Some go really fast, some get great gas mileage, others handle really awesome but suck at everything else.

What's your budget and what are you planning on shooting? For 90% of people cell phone cameras are more than adequate, especially if you're talking about the latest models.

Comment

I used to carry and use a good (re: not cheap) point and shoot camera whenever I took trips and vacations for pictures. The past 2 or 3 years I've mostly went to taking pictures on my phone out of convenience and because the quality has gotten really good recently.

I did take some pictures with my old Sony a few days ago and still looks really good even compared to my Google Pixel 4. Advantages to taking pictures on my Sony is that I can go high resolution and not have to worry about taking a lot of space on my phone (especially when camping somewhere without any cell service or wifi to back up to the cloud). And I also don't have to worry about dropping my phone and breaking it and losing the pics. I did that a few years ago. I wasn't backing up the cloud. And I couldn't unlock the phone because I had cracked the screen. Phone was encrypted so I couldn't plug it into my computer and simply download the pics either.

The last Sony camera I have has GPS built into it so I can see where the pictures were taking. One reason why I really like this camera and one reason why I had mainly moved over to taking pictures on my phone for the geo tagging.

Comment

My phone does most of the 'daily' camera duty (Google Pixel 3). It actually takes really good pics and video.

That said, I also have a couple gopros (Hero 4 and Hero 7 Black), an insta360 camera, a Mavic Air drone, and a Canon Rebel T6i with a couple of lenses (kit lenses as well as a 50mm prime and 10-18mm wide)..

I capture a ton, but then never get around to editing or producing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    My phone does most of the 'daily' camera duty (Google Pixel 3). It actually takes really good pics and video.

That said, I also have a couple gopros (Hero 4 and Hero 7 Black), an insta360 camera, a Mavic Air drone, and a Canon Rebel T6i with a couple of lenses (kit lenses as well as a 50mm prime and 10-18mm wide)..

I capture a ton, but then never get around to editing or producing anything.
                    Lazy ass

Comment

Since my wife and I had our twins. She has been a picture taken hogger. It is convenient with the phone, I do see her wanting to take longer videos. Or I do some storage unit for all pictures and videos. Which would need to be shareable.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                        Since my wife and I had our twins. She has been a picture taken hogger. It is convenient with the phone, I do see her wanting to take longer videos. Or I do some storage unit for all pictures and videos. Which would need to be shareable.
                        For kids I love the gopro hero 7 or 8. It's got amazing electronic image stabilization, they're waterproof and super tough.

Plus the app makes simple edits super quick and easy.

As Chili mentioned, editing is the part that everyone falls flat on. Capturing tons of content is easy...but reducing 2 hrs down into the interesting 5 minutes is the hard part. For family videos its not as critical....but anything on youtube is a big challenge to keep attention.

Comment

Making cameraing!

Comment

Working...
                          X