EDC 2020 - Pandemic/Protest Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDC 2020 - Pandemic/Protest Edition

Just wondering if anybody's EDC has changed during this time. Carrying a different firearm? Carrying while at home? Anyone add a "truck gun"?

For me I've started carrying a Glock 43X around the house. Actually picked up a 43X/48 frame and put my 43 slide on it so created a FrankenGlock. Still carry my 17 for most situations away from the house. Really digging the 43X/48. Especially now that I have about 5 of the Shield Arms 15 round magazines. Still testing it out for reliability but so far I've been pretty happy with it.

I don't both carrying my 1911 anymore Although I love the weight, the capacity gets me and just not comfortable with that anymore. I've also started carrying a can of Sabre Red pepper spray for when I'm out walking the dog. Lots more people walking around at my local park. Sometimes they have a dog with them, lot of times they are unleashed, and on a few occasions it's been an aggressive breed. Over the past 5 years I've almost gotten into a fight because of it.

Not carrying anything extra in the vehicle but I've really been keeping the AR or shotgun nearby when I'm at home. Had a friend of the family have a home invasion last week through an unlocked door. Fortunately no one was hurt but they were really shaken up about it. I live in a bad neighborhood with some Section 8 apartments not to far. Also on a big piece of land by myself so it's always comforting to have them nearby

Anyone else change anything?

Keist park?

I used to carry about 50% of the time most recently a P226 or P365 depending on clothing.

Now it’s closer to 100% outside the home. Inside I loaded some rifles in the safe and a semi auto shotgun. I keep my 365 close at all times now and have everyone locking doors after they use them.

I need to finish my aero M5 build too.

It’s gotten crazy out there in all major cities. I also carry a knife religiously and have thought about and trained long and hard on how I’d use it. I figure if you get one or both femoral arteries it’s over for the bad guy.

Comment

G-32 in the Stang, Sig .40 in the Expy Sport, G-43 on my personal, all day err day. This is while in Collin co. I go to dallas co and I carry the Kimber...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

G19

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
          Keist park?

I used to carry about 50% of the time most recently a P226 or P365 depending on clothing.

Now it’s closer to 100% outside the home. Inside I loaded some rifles in the safe and a semi auto shotgun. I keep my 365 close at all times now and have everyone locking doors after they use them.

I need to finish my aero M5 build too.

It’s gotten crazy out there in all major cities. I also carry a knife religiously and have thought about and trained long and hard on how I’d use it. I figure if you get one or both femoral arteries it’s over for the bad guy.
          I go to Kiest occasionally as it's maybe a 5 minute drive from my house. Feels more safe there as it's more open less crowded. But I have a park like almost across the street from me that I usually walk with my dog at twice a day. Pre pandemic, I might go a day or 3 without really seeing anybody there except for some of the usuals (old man walking his dog and a family that actually rides horses through there). Now I see a lot of people from the apartments next door walking/picnicking there, and unfortunately drinking and drug use.

I almost always carry a knife on me at home and walking, usually an Emerson or a Benchmade Auto. Mostly for usefullness, opening a package or what not but could be used as intimidation if I'm confronted by someone and less threatening than the gun. I've taken to carrying the pepper spray to use on a dog and possibly the owner if need be.

Oh and since I'm not shooting or taking shooting classes as much as I used to, I've actually managed to stock up on a lot of range ammo and some home defense stuff

Comment

Hellcat with an extra 13 red mag. If things seem really bad, one more mag. I've got the AR 5.56 pistol and suppressor in quick access, but not out.
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
              I go to Kiest occasionally as it's maybe a 5 minute drive from my house. Feels more safe there as it's more open less crowded. But I have a park like almost across the street from me that I usually walk with my dog at twice a day. Pre pandemic, I might go a day or 3 without really seeing anybody there except for some of the usuals (old man walking his dog and a family that actually rides horses through there). Now I see a lot of people from the apartments next door walking/picnicking there, and unfortunately drinking and drug use.

I almost always carry a knife on me at home and walking, usually an Emerson or a Benchmade Auto. Mostly for usefullness, opening a package or what not but could be used as intimidation if I'm confronted by someone and less threatening than the gun. I've taken to carrying the pepper spray to use on a dog and possibly the owner if need be.

Oh and since I'm not shooting or taking shooting classes as much as I used to, I've actually managed to stock up on a lot of range ammo and some home defense stuff
              I used to live 5-10 min from Keist too before we had kiddo and moved into a bigger house. Elmwood has lots of near small old houses. I liked that park quite a bit.

Now I ride my bike along the Meandering Way trail up here in N. Dallas, Richardson, Plano area. It's pretty sad that when going out for a bike ride now I think of taking a pistol just in case. The world has definitely gone for the worse recently.

Comment

My Hellcat with 14 rounds in it is always within a few feet of me. Since the violence started and they announced they were taking it to the suburbs the AR is beside the bed with an extra magazine on the nightstand. In the event I might be bicycling or jogging in shorts while walking the dog sometimes I carry the LCP because its a lot lighter. Took a trouble call yesterday to downtown Dallas at Union Station right in the middle of the protest..there were so many police, state troopers, Sheriffs around me I really didn't feel to concerned but I did have the Hellcat in my back pocket.

Comment

I've considered keeping a rifle or shotgun in the truck, but don't want to be lugging that thing in and out of the truck every time I come home. I won't leave a gun in my car since I had one stolen a few years ago.

I've considered installing a gun safe in the console. but that wont help me with a shotgun or riffle.

Comment

My Beretta PX4 Storm is on my person or in my truck at all times. I keep a baby Desert Eagle 40 in my nightstand. My wife has her late father's 38 special in her nightstand and a Sig P290RS in her purse.
                    01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                      I've considered keeping a rifle or shotgun in the truck, but don't want to be lugging that thing in and out of the truck every time I come home. I won't leave a gun in my car since I had one stolen a few years ago.

I've considered installing a gun safe in the console. but that wont help me with a shotgun or riffle.
                      They actually make long gun safes for trucks too.

Comment

Still just have my Kahr PM40, but thinking about getting a new Sig P365 for the extra rounds as they are the same size. The Kahr has a much better trigger though, so undecided.
                        Originally posted by stevo
                        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Same thing I always carry. SP101, G19, 2 Spyderco civilian knives, and one Benchmade OTF auto on my person, and a rifle, armor, and a bag in my truck.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Rossi .357 or my 1911 - both with extra ammo. Which one depends on how fat I feel that day.

Comment

Still carrying XD40 and extra mag 98% of the time. Rare occasions I don't kit up.

AR has been thought about as a trunk gun, but where I'm at there's been no shenanigans.
                              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                              X