Abilene. Anyone have any insight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abilene. Anyone have any insight?

Buddy of mines' son has been offered a position for the City of Abilene, Parks maintenance director. He took a look at the crime stats & freaked out. Anyone here have any first hand experience in Abilene? He's currently with a large school district in Omaha. And yeah, he knows how hot it gets here....

simple , dont live in town . abiline/dallas/any big in town texas .

Comment

Carry a gun. Don't worry about it until you have to be about it.

Comment

Better yet you should probably carry a bazooka, it is Abilene after all.

Comment

Abilene is a shit hole.

Comment

So is Nashville, but 30 minutes away is almost perfection.

Comment

If he does move tell him to go to Belle's and order everything fried, creamed corn, mashed potatoes, and extra rolls.

Comment

Chevelle lives out in those parts or use to.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Joe Allen's BBQ and ribeyes by the 1/4 inch starting @ 3/4 inch.

Comment

Perini ranch for steaks and burgers.

Comment

I'm still out here. It's not a bad place. It's pretty insulated from the rest of the world. City management/local politics are a joke.

If he can find a place on the south side it's newer/quieter/safer than the north side.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                        I'm still out here. It's not a bad place. It's pretty insulated from the rest of the world. City management/local politics are a joke.

If he can find a place on the south side it's newer/quieter/safer than the north side.
                        This. My lease is outside of Lawn, and the south side of Abilene is much better than elsewhere based on my limited experience...

Comment

Omaha is a pretty nice town. I was there a couple of times recently and didn't mind the mid-west atmosphere at all.. Very pleasant.

Comment

My lease is in Runnels county, about an hour south west down 277. I love that part of Texas, would move there in a heartbeat if there was decent work.

Comment

Working...
                            X