No announcement yet.

Are the days of the $5k Foxbody over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an 06 CTSV with the LS2. Good cars but a little cramped inside, they look bigger from outside the car. It handled and braked really well but would wheel hop like a bitch if you powershifted second. I kept it completely stock. Gas mileage sucked because the six speed is not geared like they are in the corvette. I think 6th is a .62 ratio or some weak ass shit like that.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

They better keep rising. Fox body 4life!

Comment

Originally posted by blandnuts View Post
        They better keep rising. Fox body 4life!
        Yeeaaahh....yeeeaaayyy!!

Comment

Fox bodies are OK, but you can get a 2011/12 5.0 for mid $15k that is a better car all the way around. You gotta spend a lot of money to get that Fox up to 400hp. I'm not even sure of $5k will do it anymore. A few mods on that 5.0 gets you almost 500hp.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Keep going up. I have an 86 I need to unload soon. Tired of it sitting in the driveway.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              Keep going up. I have an 86 I need to unload soon. Tired of it sitting in the driveway.
              Details and price ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                Fox bodies are OK, but you can get a 2011/12 5.0 for mid $15k that is a better car all the way around. You gotta spend a lot of money to get that Fox up to 400hp. I'm not even sure of $5k will do it anymore. A few mods on that 5.0 gets you almost 500hp.
                This is what gets me, I almost bought a 15 dirt cheap.

Customer of mine bought a sweet 68 firebird. He'll have $20k and it's a turd

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                  This is what gets me, I almost bought a 15 dirt cheap.

Customer of mine bought a sweet 68 firebird. He'll have $20k and it's a turd
                  The good Coyote 5.0 cars are a real performance bargain. They go like stink, stop and turn way better, have way nicer interiors and are going to be cheaper than Fox 5.0s soon. If you want a hobby car, they are awesome. I keep eyeing performance pack Coyotes and Boss 302s myself.

Comment

This thread will age well. The fox body has a following like no other mustang ever. A terminator is the only close 2nd.

Comment

Working...
                    X