No announcement yet.

Anyone have an eBike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I ended up getting the LUNA X1 that I posted a picture of, got the 2000w ludicrous one with a color screen and I will say I'm surprised, it's amazing. I always wondered why people threw down so much for a bike but I get it now.

The assist makes you feel like some kind of god, put in a little effort and you are hauling ass in no time, I had it at half power and laid on the pedal and pulled back on the bar and it just wheelied right out from under me so you have to respect the power as well.

The best part is I can toss it in my truck and hit a nice trail 15min from my house, taking a quad or dirt bike out is much more involved and there are much fewer places to ride. With this being much lighter than a dirt bike it adds a lot to the fun IMO and I've been having as much fun with this and I get to ride it almost every day for "free". If you got the coin I highly recommend it, this bike cost $4200 shipped with all the upgrades, the "base" bike is $3500 which is a deal for a bike of this caliber.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Bad ass! I've put over 3k mi on my man-powered bike and am about to toss my 3rd set of tires on it. Unless you're ballin, I don't think you'll like when it comes time to replace tires. I'll be 41 this month and I remember being able to get cheap car tires for what they're charging for MTB tires these day.

Comment

This thread is gayer than two dudes fuckin. Ebikes??

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          Reg bike is like jerking off
          EBike is like a woman getting you off

I'll take option 2 when I can :-D
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Abraham Lincoln said the same thing about horseless carriages, freakin knuckledragger.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
              Reg bike is like jerking off
              EBike is like a woman getting you off

I'll take option 2 when I can :-D
              Before or after "her" op?
              Please dont ban me!

Comment

Thats one awesome bike...when I finally upgrade itll certainly be a mid drive. Did you get the "silent treatment" and does it really make much of a difference?

Im designing an offroad trailer for mine as we speak. My sons gotten a little big for the standard trailer and I want to add suspension similar to timbern axle less trailer hubs. Itll also be useful for coolers and gear eventually.

Comment

The bicycle is still the most energy efficient machine ever built by man. Why mess it up with rare earth metals? I just got another bike, but I have to pedal it.

Comment

Say what you will, I'm down 53# in 5 months by just riding my MTB.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      Say what you will, I'm down 53# in 5 months by just riding my MTB.
                      Is it electric?

Comment

No, but you could still lose weight riding an ebike, just don't enable the motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                          No, but you could still lose weight riding an ebike, just don't enable the motor.
                          Sounds like a bike with extra steps.

Comment

Before or after "her" op?
                            Please dont ban me!
                            Only cockasaurus Mex wields the ban hammer :-O

I like that I can do HIIT with it, I usually start the trails with low assist get the heart rate up to 160 and manage the power for HIIT

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                              Only cockasaurus Mex wields the ban hammer :-O

I like that I can do HIIT with it, I usually start the trails with low assist get the heart rate up to 160 and manage the power for HIIT
                              Him and I are cool, I don't think he'd ban me. That little shit Donsvo would though.

Comment

i dont really get riding an e-bike on local trails besides looking at the cost of an ebike to the cost of a conventional full suspension mountain bike.

Mountain bikes now have gotten stupid expensive and ebikes are honestly not that much more so i can see it cost wise but it just seems silly to not work your muscles and do cardio.

If i'm too out of shape or too bad a rider to manage an uphill climb i either granny-gear it or walk it.

Comment

Working...
                                X