Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
    For now.

Im going for low/mid 8s stock motor... Just baby steps.
    im just wanting hi 8s...

Comment

• you can easliy make 425 plus with afr 165's and an strim. for your goal and setup go with 165's but that is my opinion. you get 1.90/1.60 valves so piston to valve clearance wont be as much of a problem.
      89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

• I have kb notched pistons.
        1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

• Get the 185 heads, or go with the New trick flow as cast 195 heads. I like these alittle better then the afr 185's I had. Before this motor I was running the 195 cnc, the new as cast are cast with the same flow numbers as the 195 cnc that I have, I was running an F cam, with 1.6, on a stock 96 mountaineer short block with no ptv issues, Always check but mine cleared just fine. The trick flow, have alittle better torque curve. As soon as the weather clears up, I am either stepping up to afr 205, or I am going to have these ported.
          93gt 331 ys trim, tremmec, 5 lug
          00z28 lq9 6.0, ls6 intake, ported throttle body, custom grind pat g cam.moser 9inch
          05 accord coupe daily
          89 gta lq9 swap in process.
          89 gun metal grey gta 97k original miles in pieces waiting to be crushed cali and salt killer her
          89 White GTA shell all stock and keeping it that. Finally got my white t top gta.

Comment

• Nice. Wasnt sure if trick flow was better than afr

Comment

• Trickflows and afr's are both great cylinder heads. be extra carefull with the trickflows they have a twisted wedge valve setup and with a mid to high five hundred lift cam you may have issues regardless how big your reliefs are. all I can say is regardless what head/cam combo you use check piston to valve clearance.

Comment

• Yea of course. The anderson cam I have is around .544 lift with 1.7... Only a 218/228 cam. Not too big

Comment

• Originally posted by turbos66coupe View Post
                  Trickflows and afr's are both great cylinder heads. be extra carefull with the trickflows they have a twisted wedge valve setup and with a mid to high five hundred lift cam you may have issues regardless how big your reliefs are. all I can say is regardless what head/cam combo you use check piston to valve clearance.
                  The twisted wedge design gives you more clearance on a STOCK piston or stock style piston upto mid 550 lift, but if you have a higher lift then that need to be specific twisted wedge notched. Yep I would always check some have a higher tolerance, plus if you buy used, you don't know for sure if they have been milled or not.
                  93gt 331 ys trim, tremmec, 5 lug
                  00z28 lq9 6.0, ls6 intake, ported throttle body, custom grind pat g cam.moser 9inch
                  05 accord coupe daily
                  89 gta lq9 swap in process.
                  89 gun metal grey gta 97k original miles in pieces waiting to be crushed cali and salt killer her
                  89 White GTA shell all stock and keeping it that. Finally got my white t top gta.

Comment

• Always check PtV clearance. Always. Max lift does not determine clearance.

animation - http://s55.photobucket.com/player.sw...ucket.com&ap=1

Comment

• Ya I know that is why i put up the duration as well

Comment

• yeah but duration as well is only one factor, intake and exhaust timing events has a big part in it as well. I had a 350 sbc with trickflow R's and a hydraulic cam. swapped to a different brand cam with the same intake and exhaust lift and duration but it had different timing events only by a few degrees and it was mechanical and ask that trashed head how that felt to have the piston meet it at 6800rpms.

none the less it seems like you get the point.

Comment

• I always try for a minimum of .080" on the intake side and .100" on the exhaust valve

Comment

• First off nick I love the car! Are the wheels black chrome? Secondly my coupe has ported gt40 y302's. They were ported on the exhaust when I got'em. I had them and the Gt-40 lower port matched in the intake to a felpro 1262. They also did a comp. Valve job. All that being said I could have bought a good pair of edelbrocks or afr's or whatever once I payed for all the work done to mine, but I didn't...lesson learned. I'm running an anderson b-31, 9-1 comp. My car made 275hp 330 tq at true street motorsports dyno day. I still haven't had it tuned it yet, but am planning to install a vortech in the near future with hopes of somewhere in the 420 wheel range. Just my .02 after reading ur posts i thought it might apply.

Corey
                            1972 F100
                            428 CJ
                            C6

"What ever is the hardest, takes the longest, and makes me the maddest...thats what i want to do."

Comment

• just had a car tuned at gearheads... 302, gt40 heads, trick flow cam, cobra intake and vortech s trim... car made 470 hp.... it's all in the set up

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne fontenot View Post
                                just had a car tuned at gearheads... 302, gt40 heads, trick flow cam, cobra intake and vortech s trim... car made 470 hp.... it's all in the set up
                                time to pulley up
                                ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Working...
                                X