how would you handle this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    If he did the work you all agreed on, you need to pay for services rendered. Just because you're pissed about how the truck was left for you to pick it up isn't a reason not to pay.
    Without a signed work order they don't have an agreement, at least not one that'll hold up in court. However if the guy is as crooked as it seems he could pretty easily forge a signature, repo the truck and file for a mechanics lien.

Comment

I wouldn't call back. See if they call you. Of course they may have cameras and saw that you had taken it...

Comment

You kind of owned it by accepting his excuses for so long. First day it isn't done, deal with it. Second time it isn't done, go pick the truck up and have the service done elsewhere.
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I would have done the same (took the truck) but I would have called the next morning and told him I did so, recording the call but not telling him. Explain the condition you found it in (on tape), and that you couldn't leave it there under those conditions, nor would you allow him to do any work to the car. Make sure you get his response (hopefully acknowledging, or at least not denying the facts). If he says he did work, tell him you have no reason to believe that since he already lied to you on multiple occasions. t that point, if he tries to sue or go the mechanic's lien route, you have some evidence to support you.

Oh, I'm assuming Texas BTW, if not check your local laws on recording calls.

And to be clear, I wouldn't pay him, for the same reasons mentioned above, and would do it myself or pay someone else, and keep record of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            I would have done the same (took the truck) but I would have called the next morning and told him I did so, recording the call but not telling him. Explain the condition you found it in (on tape), and that you couldn't leave it there under those conditions, nor would you allow him to do any work to the car. Make sure you get his response (hopefully acknowledging, or at least not denying the facts). If he says he did work, tell him you have no reason to believe that since he already lied to you on multiple occasions. t that point, if he tries to sue or go the mechanic's lien route, you have some evidence to support you.
            You sound like an old man, old man!
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              You sound like an old man, old man!
              I'm working on it!

Comment

Thanks for the responses gents, pretty much inline with my thinking.

To Rick modena, I have no reason to believe he actually did anything since he jerked me around for three days. And I sure as shit didn't sign any work order.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                  To Rick modena, I have no reason to believe he actually did anything since he jerked me around for three days. And I sure as shit didn't sign any work order.
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                  i think he probaly changed the tranny fluid and maybe the rest, or maybe nothing at all.
                  You posted that you thought he changed the transmission fluid and maybe the rest. You then followed that by posting that you're not sure if he did anything, well which is it?
                  You can tell if a transmission pan has been dropped and if you're still gimping around from your motorcycle accident and can't crawl under your vehicle you can check the fluid and see if its fresh and get someone to see if the front and rear trans axles were opened. If he didn't do anything, then don't pay, I sure as hell wouldn't either.
                  Though if he did do one or more, pay for services rendered, that's all I'm saying dude.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Shop name? to know to stay away....
                    Originally posted by Da Prez
                    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                      Shop name? to know to stay away....
                      Rick Modena's Little Shop of Whorers

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                        Rick Modena's Little Shop of Whorers
                        Ha!

That's right everyone, here at Rick Modena's Little Shop Of Whorers we have Pussy, pussy, pussy, come on in pussy lovers!
                        Here at Rick Modena's Little Shop Of Whorers, we're slashing pussy in half! Give me us an offer on our vast selection of pussy, this is a pussy blow out! We have white pussy, black pussy, spanish pussy, yellow pussy, we got hot pussy, cold pussy, we got wet pussy, we got smelly pussy, we got hairy pussy, bloody pussy, we got slappin pussy, we got silk pussy, velvet pussy, naugahyde pussy, we even got horse pussy, dog pussy, chicken pussy!
                        Come on in pussy lovers! If we don't got it, you don't want it!

COME ON IN PUSSY LOVERS!!!
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'd check the fluids to see if he changed them. I'd then wait for him to call me.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Get over it obviously place is bullshit. Don’t go there anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              Ha!

That's right everyone, here at Rick Modena's Little Shop Of Whorers we have Pussy, pussy, pussy, come on in pussy lovers!
                              Here at Rick Modena's Little Shop Of Whorers, we're slashing pussy in half! Give me us an offer on our vast selection of pussy, this is a pussy blow out! We have white pussy, black pussy, spanish pussy, yellow pussy, we got hot pussy, cold pussy, we got wet pussy, we got smelly pussy, we got hairy pussy, bloody pussy, we got slappin pussy, we got silk pussy, velvet pussy, naugahyde pussy, we even got horse pussy, dog pussy, chicken pussy!
                              Come on in pussy lovers! If we don't got it, you don't want it!

COME ON IN PUSSY LOVERS!!!
                              If you can find cheaper pussy anywhere else FUCK it!!!!!

Comment

Good mechanic = hard to find.
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X