Console Vault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Console Vault

Does anyone have one, or similar? Do you like it? Is it worth it, or is it false peace of mind? I realize that anyone can get anything if they really want it, but is the probability for deterrent highish? Thanks!

Don't have a console vault but I do have a GunVault Nano Vault and just picked up a Vaultek VE10.

GunVault Nano Vault

Vaultek VE10

The Nano Vault is OK especially for the price. But it's a PITA to unlock in the dark. Vaultek is pretty damn slick but you pay for it. I keep it on the passenger side backseat floor in my Lincoln and just cover with the floor mat. It's easy enough to reach around and unlock it.

Comment

I keep my guns on my body.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
        I use it when I go the Mavs game, Post Office (wink wink), and doctors appointments. Otherwise my gun is on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
          I use it when I go the Mavs game, Post Office (wink wink), and doctors appointments. Otherwise my gun is on me.
          Yeah, the Post Office is one of the few places that extend the prohibition of firearms to their entire property including the parking lot(s). Must be a result of them being a quasi-federal agency.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
            Yeah, the Post Office is one of the few places that extend the prohibition of firearms to their entire property including the parking lot(s). Must be a result of them being a quasi-federal agency.
            I understand that, hence the wink wink.

That being said, I think it's a stupid regulation (it's not a law) and I hope one that will be changed. It's one thing to banned from entering the building, but the parking lot, that's pretty stupid.

Comment

Agreed, I would like to see Texas firearms laws consistently applied to all public properties. Since federal law will continue to trump state law however there's nothing can be done about it.

Comment

Agreed, I would like to see Texas firearms laws consistently applied to all public properties. Since federal law will continue to trump state law however there's nothing can be done about it.
                I've heard it mentioned on a gun podcast I listen to but I do not know if it is something that is actively being worked on. Would be nice if this is something that Trump can get done while he is in office otherwise I don't think it will ever.

Comment

They have an exemption about firearms on postal property if it is boxed up and ready to be shipped. I have shipped countless long guns through the post office
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Even local police are not supposed to have firearms on the entire property of a post office location.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                      They have an exemption about firearms on postal property if it is boxed up and ready to be shipped. I have shipped countless long guns through the post office
                      That has nothing to do with Texas firearms laws.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                        x2.

While I already knew it was a very, very bad idea...you would not believe how many handguns are stolen from peoples cars. In Albuquerque it was on the news almost daily that a gun was stolen from someones locked car. If theres no metal detector or pat down where I'm going..my gun stays on me. PERIOD. Its called concealed for a reason..and nobody needs to know.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                          x2.

While I already knew it was a very, very bad idea...you would not believe how many handguns are stolen from peoples cars. In Albuquerque it was on the news almost daily that a gun was stolen from someones locked car. If theres no metal detector or pat down where I'm going..my gun stays on me. PERIOD. Its called concealed for a reason..and nobody needs to know.
                          I won't go into further details about carrying a firearm where there is no possibility of a pat down or metal detectors and a gun is deemed "illegal", I only offered what I do as far as storing my gun when there is

Comment

I would love the ability to carry my weapon everywhere i go, unfortunately I can't so I am looking at this option for very short term storage on those occasions. I'm not leaving it in there for days on end.

Comment

You are more than welcome to check out either of the ones I have. I actually might be selling the Nano Vault if you are interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X