Robo Calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robo Calls

Anyone else getting repeated calls from these worthless ass hats? I get calls about my car warranty expiring (which I don't have one), credit cards service of some sort and I think home warranty.

Pressing the option to be removed from their call list doesn't work....which I really didn't expect it to. And, as soon as I speak to a live person and start raising hell with them, they immediately hang up.

The girl did say they are with National Dealer Services and a quick google came up with several offices, one of them being in Dallas. I'd be willing to pay those bastards a visit if I didn't expect to find a virtual office there.

I own a rental property and I get phone calls 3-4 times each week on top of 10-20 mailers each week offering to buy the house. I tell every one of them to remove me from their list but I still get the phone calls.

I got my license to sell life insurance roughly 12 years ago (don't ask) and I still get phone calls related to that.

Another really annoying one is the Republican Party. I donated to Trump's campaign in my wife's name (ha) and she gets phone calls (I never gave them a phone number) multiple times per week from the Republican National Committee. One of them put her on record as saying she would donate more $$ and they call hounding her for more money. As soon as she tells them she never agreed to giving more money, they hang up before she can finish the sentence. None of those fuckers want to be the one to uncheck that box in her file, I guess. Sorry MF'ers.

I also get lots of calls for random business related crap from web design to God only knows. Such a racket.

I'd venture to bet half of the calls to my cell phone are solicitation. And I'm on the do-not-call list.

Comment

Comment

use a Robo Calls blocker app on your cell

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
          it's a $1.99 month for Nomorobo Mobile

Comment

Scam likely
            Originally posted by Da Prez
            Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
            Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

I use my cell phone for work so I have to answer. I bet I get 3-5 robo calls a day. I'm ready to start hurling molotov cocktails. Fuck those motherfuckin fuckers.

Comment

My phone allows me to blacklist a number. The annoying part is i still end up getting the blank voicemail they leave.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                  My phone allows me to blacklist a number. The annoying part is i still end up getting the blank voicemail they leave.
                  They just call back with a different number.

Comment

If it's not on my contact list I don't answer. If it was a legit call a voicemail can be left, otherwise the caller gets added to the block list. The funniest ones are the calls using my own area code and prefix, with the last four numbers constantly changing...how obviously stupid is that?

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                      They just call back with a different number.
                      yup that sucks too. i have probably 80 numbers on blacklist .

Comment

Google has a call screening service now that uses AI to answer for you. You can watch it transcribe the conversation in real time and answer or hangup if you want.

Comment

I get a shitload of robo calls on my company cell, fortunately I don't use it for calls, mainly justy for email, so I never answer anymore. They're always grand prairie numbers, often in spanish, and last I actually answered were trying get sign me up fo healthcare or some shit. The bad thing is they have also used my work number.. One day my shit blew up with dozens calling saying they had a missed call from me.. Then they get pissed at me as if I had something to do with it. lol

Comment

If you are with AT&T, you can download Call Protect. It has worked wonders for me. They continue to update it too.

Comment

I do get the occasional Scam Likely notification, those are easy to ignore as are the numbers that identify from another state. It's the local numbers that I have to answer. I typically block them but they just get another block of numbers to call from.

I need to come up with an elaborate plan to waste their time next time they call.

Comment

Working...
                              X