Ltc status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ltc status?

How long did yours sit like this until it was approved? Other than street races in the 90’s I haven’t been arrested in my adult life.. I got in trouble when I was 15 but I was a juvenile and disclosed it

"PSH!!!"

Mine took months, as DPS pretty much seemed to start all over from the beginning. I had a CHL since they were first offered in Texas, and that initial one took a long time to get as well. The only thing I didn’t have to do over was fingerprints, apparently the old wet ink and card set I had on file was deemed to still be acceptable.

Comment

I got my LTC in 2012 and I believe it took about 2-3 months for mine to get to me.

Comment

there is a huge rush on LTC licenses right now.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
          there is a huge rush on LTC licenses right now.
          This. From what I've heard, since COVID began there has been a rush on this, ammo, handguns, pretty much anything related.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
            This. From what I've heard, since COVID began there has been a rush on this, ammo, handguns, pretty much anything related.
            Well how convenient that Dallas Market Hall is hosting a gun show this weekend so we can all get raped on prices by all the dealers looking to cash in.

Comment

Still hung up on background check.. I wonder if the dps has a counter on how many times people check before issued
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

That's where mine hung up both times, during my original CHL application in the 90's and for the latest conversion to LTC, which I assume was due to having lived out of state prior to living in Tejas. I will give the DPS credit for being extremely thorough, although it seems odd that all of my CHL renewals went through without issue while the LTC application started the whole process over again.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                  Well how convenient that Dallas Market Hall is hosting a gun show this weekend so we can all get raped on prices by all the dealers looking to cash in.
                  with riots in the area too?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    Still hung up on background check.. I wonder if the dps has a counter on how many times people check before issued
                    I was still pending on the background check and found my license waiting for me in the mailbox....It stayed pending for about 2 more weeks after I had already received it

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      with riots in the area too?
                      As far as I know nothing happened in Dallas. I'd say in about 2 weeks expect lots of protesting near voting locations. There are a few voting locations scattered about north Texas where voter intimidation has been reported but there was nothing where I voted last Tuesday.

Comment

Who still goes to gun shows?

As far as I know nothing happened in Dallas. I'd say in about 2 weeks expect lots of protesting near voting locations. There are a few voting locations scattered about north Texas where voter intimidation has been reported but there was nothing where I voted last Tuesday.
                        They've had some protest in the downtown/Deep Ellum area. Probably about as close to riots as you might get. Business have been looted and people beat up.

Comment

Why should you be mad at this? The market does what it does. If you didn't buy firearms and ammo that you may need when the market was flooded with surplus, that's not the dealer's fault. Maybe you should not buy gas next Wednesday to teach them something.

Comment

Almost went to a gun show in FTW a few months back, but ended up getting a shorter-barreled shotgun for home defense from a local dealer instead.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                              Why should you be mad at this? The market does what it does. If you didn't buy firearms and ammo that you may need when the market was flooded with surplus, that's not the dealer's fault. Maybe you should not buy gas next Wednesday to teach them something.
                              Never said I was mad...that is Capitalism and free market. I have plenty and then some. I have a few friends and family who in the last few weeks have said that they wanted to buy an AK or AR and get some ammo before the election. I just kinda laughed and told them what you said.

Comment

Working...
                              X