Military tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military tires

Anyone run the 37" military tires? I'm starting to look for a set of wheels and tires for my 93 CC F350 and heard they wear pretty good and can find them cheaper than a normal tire of that size, but the only downside being on a 16.5" wheel. Opinions? Here's where I found them http://www.trailworthyfab.com/Tires/ just have to see how much freight + wheels are

Daily driver or just a weekend truck?
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

the need for 16.5" wheels is an added cost/hassle and you'll be married to military tires for them...

and I would put a load range D tire on a 1 ton
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
        Daily driver or just a weekend truck?
        Little of both, I thought I had read they were load range D.

Comment

Friend has them, he seems to be pleased with them...

Comment

I work with a shit ton of hmmwvs being in a light cav unit. The tires we use are crap. Weak ass side walls, poor rubber. And they are meant to run with the solid rubber run flat inside. I wouldn't run them personally

Comment

I have them, but dont daily on them. They are very stiff, the ones I have are anyway. I got them from a guy who has a ton of them on craigslist. He is in Roanoke if I remember correctly, $100 per tire. They are 37x12.50x16.5 Goodyear Wrangler MT Military OZ tires. I got my 16.5 wheels from 4wheelparts for about $75 each. Here is my toy, 1993 Land Cruiser.

Comment

I have used them in the past as well.

Pros:
                • cheap
                • guiltless abuse

Cons:
                • Ride like shit
                • Offroad like shit (sidewalls have no flex)
                • loud as hell
                • wear quickly
                • hard to balance

If you have any brains or patience, buy some used KM2's off craigslist. It might take you a few months, but it will be worth it.

Or, just buy a new set. I bought my set of 35" KM2's from Wright Tire co. in Cleburne, paid $205 a tire mounted and balanced. The moment you go over a 15" wheel tires get really expensive. If you can keep a 15" 35" tire, you'll save bundles.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I'm stuck with atleast a 16" wheel and I'm just gonna wait and find some on craigslist

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    Or, just buy a new set. I bought my set of 35" KM2's from Wright Tire co. in Cleburne, paid $205 a tire mounted and balanced. The moment you go over a 15" wheel tires get really expensive. If you can keep a 15" 35" tire, you'll save bundles.
                    Given mine are 16s, that's a crazy price. Makes me embarrassed how much I paid for mine.

Comment

I ended up finding some 16" wheels with 33's on craigslist for a decent price. I'll run them and keep and eye out for 35's

Comment

Working...
                      X