No announcement yet.

Wanting to get a cherokee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 2000 model right now. Already had to replace the head, big thing to consider when getting a 2000 model. I love mine though, super clean and decent mileage for a turd. I get roughly 19-20 with the ac blasting. Have it on craigslist right now for 4500!

Comment

If 4x4 look underneath it really well. Make sure the floor pans are all solid. I expect if you're looking at a fairly clean exterior that the underside should be decent. I've got a buddy that's had a couple that have been offroaded and the floor pans were shot. The exhaust manifolds are very common to crack, the aftermarket ones have expansion joints to help reduce the cracking (crack out at the y just before the flange). The 4.0 is an awesome motor, good power and torque. Between 3 different friends I've seen at least 6 different 4x4's that all got or had some form of lift, wheels, tires, etc.

Comment

Good advice

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
          Stick to 98-99 and you will be happy. Did a 2 inch lift and rubicon wheels on my last one.

Damn, those wheels look great on an XJ

Comment

I've got a very clean 2001 A/T Black 4.0 4x4 Cherokee all stock for sale for $4200.

Comment

I won't be buying till after the first of the year... just trying to do my homework....

Comment

Lifted with 32's or bigger will be hard pressed to get better than 13mpg. Had a couple 97 and ups and they all get around the same. The stick got little better but not alot

Comment

I keep hearing XJs are a dime a dozen, and can be had on the fairly cheap....but all of my cl searches have come up with overpriced crap I don't want...

Can a decent shape, 4 door XJ 4X4 with the 4.0l and a 5 speed be had for under $3500??

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
                  "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
                    I keep hearing XJs are a dime a dozen, and can be had on the fairly cheap....but all of my cl searches have come up with overpriced crap I don't want...

Can a decent shape, 4 door XJ 4X4 with the 4.0l and a 5 speed be had for under $3500??

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
                    5speed xjs are a little rarer than the auto trucks. Specially the 97+s . If the 5spd isn't a deal breaker you can keep shopping and pick up a nice older xj for less then 2k.

I picked up my rust free 95 6.0/aw4 for 1500 last year with 134k.

Comment

Working...
                    X