Jeep 4.0 interchange Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep 4.0 interchange Q

Will the long block from a 88 4.0 interchange with a 2001? I know the manifolds and electronics are different but will the core motor swap? I have a known good 88 4.0 and I'm thinking about buying a 2001 that has a locked up motor if it will swap.

Nope, the motor you have is a renex run 4.0 and the 2001 has a obd2 4.0HO motor. They are two different animals. Just get another motor, shouldn't cost you more than 500 bucks or so.

Comment

I answered my own question on naxja. The motor was going in a grand Cherokee and for some silly reason jeep changed the motor mount and accessory drive bolt patterns on the WJ's. Per several threads on there you can swap a renix into a later xj by swapping the manifolds and sensors. To bad I wasn't going into a xj.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
        Nope, the motor you have is a renex run 4.0 and the 2001 has a obd2 4.0HO motor. They are two different animals. Just get another motor, shouldn't cost you more than 500 bucks or so.
        The reason to buy it was throw my motor in and make a few bucks reselling the vehicle it's a 99 Grand that's pretty clean it just has a bad motor. I guess I can still do it but buying the motor eats into the profit.

Comment

Working...
        X