No announcement yet.

Ford Bronco to debut on OJs birthday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thing is the most over-hyped stupid fucking shit I've seen in a while. The internet has been jacking this thing off for a decade now and it's pretty fucking basic.

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
      "After about a year of waiting for their Bronco 4-Door Outer Banks—which they ordered from a dealership that the husband used to work at—the couple was notified six days before delivery that the dealer was adding $10,000 markup over the MSRP they had agreed to. Their $52,810 truck became a $62,000 hostage overnight. They countered with $5000 over sticker, already a wild concession, but the dealer isn't sure whether to accept. After all, the business knows if the couple denies delivery they can sell it off the lot for a wild price. "

More dealership bs
      I had a price with my order. It included everything. Emails from Ford saying pricing is frozen. Seems a simple threat to sue solves this. If it happens to me, I'm thinking of all the stress and hardship I had to endure waiting on my dream ride to get here - all the delays and waiting with no updates, all the promises from Ford of frozen pricing and helping me out, then dealership does that. Yea, that would cost them.

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
        I had a price with my order. It included everything. Emails from Ford saying pricing is frozen. Seems a simple threat to sue solves this. If it happens to me, I'm thinking of all the stress and hardship I had to endure waiting on my dream ride to get here - all the delays and waiting with no updates, all the promises from Ford of frozen pricing and helping me out, then dealership does that. Yea, that would cost them.
        Ford has nothing to do with this and the dealer has every ability to mark up the price. An order isn't a contract.

That being said, it's total bullshit and one of the reasons the current dealer franchise laws, and car dealers in general, need to die.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
          Ford has nothing to do with this and the dealer has every ability to mark up the price. An order isn't a contract.

That being said, it's total bullshit and one of the reasons the current dealer franchise laws, and car dealers in general, need to die.
          I would be willing to be the $100 paid when placing the reservation and then signing on the order might change that. I have an attorney friend that would gladly fight that battle. Most people won't go that far though.

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
            "After about a year of waiting for their Bronco 4-Door Outer Banks—which they ordered from a dealership that the husband used to work at—the couple was notified six days before delivery that the dealer was adding $10,000 markup over the MSRP they had agreed to. Their $52,810 truck became a $62,000 hostage overnight. They countered with $5000 over sticker, already a wild concession, but the dealer isn't sure whether to accept. After all, the business knows if the couple denies delivery they can sell it off the lot for a wild price. "

More dealership bs
            Was looking at the sport for my son's first car. Refused to play the dealers bullshit and pay over sticker, was the same at every dealer we reached out too.

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
              I would be willing to be the $100 paid when placing the reservation and then signing on the order might change that. I have an attorney friend that would gladly fight that battle. Most people won't go that far though.
              Perhaps so. I'm no expert but this kind of shit has been going on for decades. I'm pretty sure someone else has already tried to sue over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                This thing is the most over-hyped stupid fucking shit I've seen in a while. The internet has been jacking this thing off for a decade now and it's pretty fucking basic.
                I’m glad I’m not the only one that thinks this. It’s a gimmick based on an old legend. They had all this time and then rushed it at the end and half assed a bunch of things that ended up shoddy. Typical modern rattle trap Ford. Anyone see the latest lawsuits over the “track ready” GT350s blowing up left and right?

Comment

• Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                  This thing is the most over-hyped stupid fucking shit I've seen in a while. The internet has been jacking this thing off for a decade now and it's pretty fucking basic.
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                  I’m glad I’m not the only one that thinks this. It’s a gimmick based on an old legend. They had all this time and then rushed it at the end and half assed a bunch of things that ended up shoddy. Typical modern rattle trap Ford. Anyone see the latest lawsuits over the “track ready” GT350s blowing up left and right?

Yea, I’ve gotta agree with y’all. I had a reservation for a Bronco until I got to see it up close and personal. The interior is really cheap. The Wrangler’s interior is much better, and that’s a friggen Jeep. The Bronco does have that bigger infotainment screen, better ride, and steering. Still, that wasn’t enough so I canceled the reservation and bought a Rubicon.

Comment

• I’ve also noticed this Bronco has had an impact on the earlier generations value. 60s had always been pretty high up and even some 70s but now it seems to have increased value across all generations while the Jeeps who have previously held the market have decreased in value. They have seemingly flip flopped.

Comment

• Two years from now there will be another thread similar to this one but it will be about the Lightning truck.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X