No announcement yet.

Truck bed covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an extang trifold on my 15 and it slid all over the place. On the 19 I put a bakflip on and love it.

Comment

Backflip. I like the flush look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
        I have an extang revolution and it keeps everything dry but it seems like bakflip is the most popular these days
        I have the same and went this route to have the ability to use the whole bed without removing anything. Going on 1.5 years and all is good.

IMHO the trick with roll-ups, is make sure it has rails and does not use velcro.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I decided on the Lomax. I got a killer deal through an F150 board, well below what online retailers are showing. I ordered the tailgate seal to help keep water out when travelling with luggage and such in the back.

Has anyone installed bed lights?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

My cover showed up today. I got it installed in about 30 minutes, it would have gone a lot quicker if it hadn't been hotter than the depths of hell.

Very easy install, line the rails up, install the clamps, click the cover in, and unfold. It isn't as flush as I would have liked, though it still looks great. The texture on the aluminum panels is similar to a spray in bed liner.

I picked up a tailgate seal to help keep water out, though I haven't installed it yet.

Once installed, I sprayed it down with the water hose on the "center setting"to see how much water it took on. I was surprised that during my brief test of the perimeter, the bed was dry. We also ran the truck through an automated wash equipped with several blow dryers and again, i was please with the results. A few drops in both front corners as well as some water at the tailgate corners. It took on a little more from opening and closing the tailgate.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the cover, it looks great and should serve its purpose well on family trips.

I'm not sure if the water will show up in these pictures or not.

Comment

Truck bed covers

I need to look into that tailgate seal. I had some of this universal stuff laying on my shelf and worked pretty good. What you have might be the icing on the cake for me. I put this stuff where it meets the tailgate, and also at the back of the bed as well.

Comment

I traded my GT on a Sierra last month and just ordered the Undercover Armor Flex cover for it. Should be here Wednesday. It is very similar to the Bakflip but I like that when it's folded all the way up it does not sit on the rear glass but locks directly vertical. It also has drain tubes to keep most of the water out, and the top of it has a Line-X coating for scratch/dent resistance. I'll post up some pics after I get it installed.
                Originally posted by stevo
                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

A few weeks in, a coupke of rain storms, nd a lot of car washes. I have bot installed the tailgate seal yet. Water intrusion has been pretty much non existent.

Dust on the other hand. Everything in the bed is covered in dust. Not a huge issue, but I'm going to see what I can do to cut it down. I've noticed a few areas where the bed floor meets the stake pockets that are open. I'm going to pick up some panel bond at some point and seal those up.

Comment

Here's my new cover, arrived yesterday and installed in about 30-45 minutes.

Stevo

Comment

Looks great man!
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

carefull with the little brackets that hold the props to the rail. One broke on mine about a couple weeks after getting one, other broke on me few days ago. Had it maybe a year. Those plastic brackets ain't worth a shit. I just leave mine dangling...hahahaha

Need to find a more solid solution to keeping them attached to rail when not using them.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                          X