If you had 100k to 200k to invest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    I got a positive Covid test last week so I have been stuck at home. I have discovered that I like being "retired" and not doing shit. This morning I ran about four miles and then jumped right in my pool. It was glorious. With that in mind, I'd buy some blue chip shares and collect the ~3% dividend and not do shit.
    Damn Alan, any of the typical symptoms? DO you have any idea where you caught it?
    It sounds like maybe you got a false reading, how about your wife and boy?
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Pay people to do some real stupid shit!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        Damn Alan, any of the typical symptoms? DO you have any idea where you caught it?
        It sounds like maybe you got a false reading, how about your wife and boy?
        Nah, no symptoms at all. This was actually the fourth time I have been tested and I figured at some point I would get a positive because I have been working this whole time. We have tested a lot of people at work, many multiple times and out of about 1300 tests there have been about 30 positives but only about four people with any symptoms. One of those was a junior level employee and that fool came to the office with symptoms about two weeks ago and I think he spread it all over the fucking place.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
          Pay people to do some real stupid shit!!!!!
          Lol like bum fights?

Comment

I got a positive Covid test last week so I have been stuck at home. I have discovered that I like being "retired" and not doing shit. This morning I ran about four miles and then jumped right in my pool. It was glorious. With that in mind, I'd buy some blue chip shares and collect the ~3% dividend and not do shit.
            If I had $5 million, this plan is perfect.

Comment

Nah, no symptoms at all. This was actually the fourth time I have been tested and I figured at some point I would get a positive because I have been working this whole time. We have tested a lot of people at work, many multiple times and out of about 1300 tests there have been about 30 positives but only about four people with any symptoms. One of those was a junior level employee and that fool came to the office with symptoms about two weeks ago and I think he spread it all over the fucking place.
              My guess is you got it from a doorknob.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                Open a store front for my side business selling BBQ grills and accesories.
                I've thought about this same thing. With the right location I think it could bring in a good profit.

Comment

Aside from the retirement accounts, my biggest positions are an AMZN long/XRT short market neutral position; preferred equity of lodging REITs with strong cash positions; and short VIX positions opportunistically when it spikes.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                    Aside from the retirement accounts, my biggest positions are an AMZN long/XRT short market neutral position; preferred equity of lodging REITs with strong cash positions; and short VIX positions opportunistically when it spikes.
                    no cryptocurrency?
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Comment

That's great that you aren't showing any symptoms Alan and that your family is OK. You probably got a false reading, but if not, that junior level dickbump, needs you jump up on down on his ribcage til his hemorrhoids hang out like a doorknob...

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                        My guess is you got it from a doorknob.
                        Ha!
                        I hope I got BJ's quote correct, its been almost twenty years since we heard the original quote...
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I run a real estate investment firm (we buy multifamily properties). Just sold one in Az and made a 69% return in 19 months. Real estate is where it's at.

Comment

Originally posted by D. Lil View Post
                            I run a real estate investment firm (we buy multifamily properties). Just sold one in Az and made a 69% return in 19 months. Real estate is where it's at.
                            Damn! That’s an awesome investment.

Comment

So how do we get in on this?

Comment

Come buy the house across from me and sell it to me for a great deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X