It’s your money. Get to know it. mint.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s your money. Get to know it. mint.com

Recently ran across this on the AR15 forum and after reading some post and browsing the website this site seems like it will be very helpful for those who keep track of their spending's on paper like myself. I will give it a try and start on July 1st, hopefully it turns out good and I am able to manage my money a bit better. If anyone uses this or knows someone who does how do you/they like it?

It is also a secured site, a plus!

Comment

I have it. Hardly look at it. It's linked to my bank account and occasionally will alert me of ways to save money. Other than that don't pay much attention to it.
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

I've had it for a few months now. The balance has a delay on its accuracy so it can't always be trusted, but it helps me keep track of the day to day spending. It also tracks your overall budget and alerts you if you are spending excessivly in any one category. Overall, I've been pretty satisfied and even have it as a widget on a side screen to view at a glance.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Comment

Some coworkers talked about it so I tried it. I keep track of my $ as well as this site. The thing that turned me off is the fact that mint has all of my passwords ... you only have to hack one site to gain all of my info instead of 9 different sites.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

All passwords on one site huh. Don't like the sound of that neither

Comment

I thougt using it last year. But, since you have to enter in passwords from your acct or accts, I decided against it.

Things like this just make uneasy when so many sites or banking information keeps getting hacked. And it will only get worse.

Heck I use a 12 letter upper/lower case, numberic, symbol combinations on mine.

Comment

I wanted to try it but my Credit Union doesn't support it. They have their own online tool that is similar but in reality, it sucks ass.

Comment

I just recently got it on my phone while searching for a similar app for Quicken. I like its functionality but as far as I can tell, it doesnt interface with Quicken at all. Maybe that will be changed since Quicken's parent company bought Mint in '09.

Comment

I realize this thread is ancient! (Use of the search, imagine that...)
                    However, I'm dead tired of the way I'm mis-managing things and am needing something better. (Paper/old skool). Therefore, any updates on mint.com, Quicken for personal use, alternatives?
                    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      Some coworkers talked about it so I tried it. I keep track of my $ as well as this site. The thing that turned me off is the fact that mint has all of my passwords ... you only have to hack one site to gain all of my info instead of 9 different sites.
                      read the security policy for the site. There is a good chance they don’t store passwords at all. More likely, they use a one time password to establish a trust between Mint and your banking site. From that point forward they use a certificate to establish a trust.

I used to use mint but InTouch Credit Union decided they don’t want to play nice with them. Instead ITCU pushes you to their own budgeting software, which is shit. ITCU in general has become a bit too much of a PITA for me so I’m probably going to move off of them soon. Maybe I’ll move to USAA or Pentagon FCU.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                        I realize this thread is ancient! (Use of the search, imagine that...)
                        However, I'm dead tired of the way I'm mis-managing things and am needing something better. (Paper/old skool). Therefore, any updates on mint.com, Quicken for personal use, alternatives?
                        Mint and Quicken are both owned by Intuit.

I wish I had other suggestions but my my finances became easier to manage after I got an AmEx card and started doing all my purchases and bill paying through them. I’ve also had a lot less fraud issues than I did when I used my ITCU debit card.

Comment

Originally posted by sgt beavis View Post
                          blah blah blah my finances became easier to manage after i got an amex card blah blah blah
                          choo$$ choo$$

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                            I have it. Hardly look at it. It's linked to my bank account and occasionally will alert me of ways to save money. Other than that don't pay much attention to it.
                            Same

Comment

Acorns is pretty snazzy too for a passive savings.

Comment

Working...
                              X