No announcement yet.

Who collects watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't posted here in a bit, things have been a bit hectic. Bought a few, sold a few, bought a few more.

Just picked up these two a few days ago. Nothing too special.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      not a bad Invicta.

Picked this one up a week ago. Only metal band Luminox I found that I liked. I'm not a fan of leather, canvas, or rubber bands.

Hell yeah man
      Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
      It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• I have a guy that's trying to work a trade with me, he has included a Citizen Eco-Drive along with some firearms. I'm hesitant in making the deal since I would have 4 items to resell versus my 1 item now. Can you guys shed some light on an approximate value please.

Comment

• Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
          I have a guy that's trying to work a trade with me, he has included a Citizen Eco-Drive along with some firearms. I'm hesitant in making the deal since I would have 4 items to resell versus my 1 item now. Can you guys shed some light on an approximate value please.

I wouldn't give more than $75 tops trade value. It is an older model and I would not think you would be able to resell it for much....
          Focus more on the guns if you were to trade.

Comment

• That's the input I was needing. I felt like we were going to be in close to an even trade with me having to work more to get my money as the end result.

Comment

• i kinda want a panerai right about now.
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• UPS dropped off a new addition today

Comment

• Bought this while on our last cruise, kind of an impulse buy. Before I knew much about Invictas. I love the looks, and fit. But until I had a local watch shop work on it, it would lose time. It would lose about an hour every 4 hours. Ive never really invested much in a watch because im pretty hard on them. This is the first thing ive owned besides a Relic, and after this experienc, aside from something like a Citizen i'll probably just go back to Relics. I do really like some of the Luminox's though.

I know in the watch world sub $500 is considered almost throw away but that would be about the maximum I could currently bring myself to spend on one. I got the Invicta at what i thought was a retarded cheap price at the time or I probably wouldnt have bought it. Is there anything sub $500 thats worth a damn?
                  Last edited by xplosiv; 05-28-2014, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• Ive been really wanting a swatch watch lately, too bad they dont make a bigger face automatic. All of them under 39mm

Comment

• Originally posted by xplosiv View Post

Bought this while on our last cruise, kind of an impulse buy. Before I knew much about Invictas. I love the looks, and fit. But until I had a local watch shop work on it, it would lose time. It would lose about an hour every 4 hours. Ive never really invested much in a watch because im pretty hard on them. This is the first thing ive owned besides a Relic, and after this experienc, aside from something like a Citizen i'll probably just go back to Relics. I do really like some of the Luminox's though.

I know in the watch world sub $500 is considered almost throw away but that would be about the maximum I could currently bring myself to spend on one. I got the Invicta at what i thought was a retarded cheap price at the time or I probably wouldnt have bought it. Is there anything sub $500 thats worth a damn?
                      Tissot, luminox(sp),

My invicta lost a little time when I first got it but as I wore it more it stopped losing time
                      07 f250-family truckster
                      08 Denali -baby hauler
                      52 f1-rust bucket
                      05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                      livin the double-wide dream

Comment

• Originally posted by xplosiv View Post
                        Is there anything sub $500 thats worth a damn?
                        I've got a Bulova Marine Star Auto that I really like, seems like it was in the $300 range. Daily I wear a Citizen Ecodrive, not an auto, but I really like it and you can find them deeply discounted online.

Comment

• I picked up my precisionist bulova in Ti for under $500 iirc...been a great watch so far (2 yrs ish)
                          Originally posted by Sgt Beavis
                          I don't always like lowered trucks, but when I do, it's because they really kick ass..

Comment

• hamiliton is good under $500. I've got a tissot prc 200 that I paid like $320 for, and it has a sapphire crystal. My bulova precisionist is probably my favorite.
                            2012 GT500

Comment

• lol on buying the invicta watches on your cruise. They were hawking those things hard on the cruise I just went on last month too, but seriously.. when has anyone EVER seen an invicta actually sell for 800-1500 whatever. NEVER. Pretty funny marketing scheme, to claim the watches are worth 5 times what they actually sell for to make people feel like they're getting a deal. I'll stick to my EcoDrive BL5400-52A

. I think my next watch purchase is going to be a Suunto Ambit2.

http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

• Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
                                lol on buying the invicta watches on your cruise. They were hawking those things hard on the cruise I just went on last month too, but seriously.. when has anyone EVER seen an invicta actually sell for 800-1500 whatever. NEVER. Pretty funny marketing scheme, to claim the watches are worth 5 times what they actually sell for to make people feel like they're getting a deal. [/IMG]
                                It seems to be a pretty common tactic with watches, invicta is one of the worse I think I got 80% off on the invicta I've got lol. I was even looking at a Baum & Mercier the other day and they are the same way. Retail was like $4500 and you can pick them up all day for $2200 and this one was onsale for $1750.

Comment

Working...
                                X