Need computer help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need computer help

My computer keeps loosing connection with the internet. It is setup wireless with the router in the bedroom, about 30ft away probably.

I have tried many times powering down the router and turning it back on a few minutes later. Sometimes it will work for awhile, but lately(last couple weeks) the connection is being lost more frequently. I am thinking it is something with the computer, because when i lose connection, I can immediately go to my ps3 and still play netflix or online games.

I try to use the diagnose/repair option for the network but the computer says there are no detectable networks in the vicinity.
    sigpic

Try these things to see if they help.

Page 1 of 2 - WIN7 keep shutting down my wireless adapter? - posted in Windows 7: Hi Guys, I have been having this problem with windows 7. A lot of the time windows 7 shuts off my wireless belkin adapter for my wifi. I check in power settings and under the wireless adapter settings I have choose a setting of maximum performance. But if I leave the computer for a while it seems to shut it off which is really anoying when I want to leave stuff downloading overnight. Any Ideas?

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

My computer keeps loosing connection with the internet

1> Try to go closer to your Router with your Computer, Remove all the obstacles and metal things between the computer and the Router.

2> Try to Reset your Router.

3> Clean up your Computer's internet cookies, Reset your Browser, Clean up your Computer.

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
        My computer keeps loosing connection with the internet. It is setup wireless with the router in the bedroom, about 30ft away probably.

I have tried many times powering down the router and turning it back on a few minutes later. Sometimes it will work for awhile, but lately(last couple weeks) the connection is being lost more frequently. I am thinking it is something with the computer, because when i lose connection, I can immediately go to my ps3 and still play netflix or online games.

I try to use the diagnose/repair option for the network but the computer says there are no detectable networks in the vicinity.
        1> Try to go closer to your Router with your Computer, Remove all the obstacles and metal things between the computer and the Router.

2> Try to Reset your Router.

3> Clean up your Computer's internet cookies, Reset your Browser, Clean up your Computer.

Comment

It could be your wireless card getting flaky. You may try buying a USB wireless adapter and use it to connect to your router instead of your on-board adapter.

something like this [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Netgear-WNA1100-802-11n-Wi-Fi-Adapter/dp/B0036R9XRU[/ame]

Comment

Working...
          X