Ductless mini split HVAC systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ductless mini split HVAC systems

Going to build a small shop, 12’ x 28’ & want it heated/cooled. Been looking at ductless mini split HVAC systems. On Home Depot site, most of the brands I’ve never heard of. Most of the reviews are good, but a few complained that AC technicians refusing to install them. Need input from those who have done this. I mostly looked at 110/120 volt systems to simplify wiring the shop. But amperage will be critical, as even within the 6K and 9k BTU range, different systems range from 8-25 amps! Discuss

DIY mini split installation step by step written tutorial: https://bit.ly/2RqyQ5MIn this video, I show you how to install a mr cool DIY ductless mini split ...

That guy didn't seem like he had too much trouble, and that it worked out well enough. Looks like something I'd probably just install myself and save a buck. Doesn't look like too big of a bitch
    WH

Comment

I have heard good things about the Mitsubishi units but have no first hand experience

Comment

Just toss some window units in it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
          Just toss some window units in it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
          Ductless mini splits have SEER ratings over 20, superior to conventional HVAC systems, and they are many times more efficient than window units. Plus window units that heat and cool aren’t cheap. Not to mention, windows units that heat - only heat down to 45 degrees. So when you really need heat- those are out-to-lunch! In the end, you save nothing with window units. Ductless systems start at $700
          Last edited by white trash wagon; 01-30-2020, 11:42 AM.

Comment

RV'ers love them and that is all that is used in mini homes almost. I have strongly considered doing a 4 unit set up for my house. One goes out, no big deal, unlike your whole damn 11000 unit shitting the bed in the middle of summer.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I installed a 36k gree System on my shop, the unit was around 1500 bucks and does both heating and cooling, it’s been amazing to have. I did have to spend a few hundred dollars on a good vacuum pump, manifold gauges, and a good micron gauge which is really important to make sure the system is ready for the Freon once you open the valve
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                I have heard good things about the Mitsubishi units but have no first hand experience
                When I travel out of the country and see these units everywhere (Caribbean and South America), they are predominantly Mitsu. I looked at adding one to our house once, and I was going that direction simply based on what I see when I travel.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                  When I travel out of the country and see these units everywhere (Caribbean and South America), they are predominantly Mitsu. I looked at adding one to our house once, and I was going that direction simply based on what I see when I travel.
                  Yep. I see those everywhere when I travel. In Italy, apartment buildings are covered in those things.
                  Last edited by white trash wagon; 01-30-2020, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X