Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winco had quite a bit of meat/eggs/milk few days ago. I got a couple packages of meat and chicken. Lucky we I have deep freezer pretty full of other stuff before all of this happened.

Collin County just announced it

People in Collin County are being asked to stay at home Tuesday in a “Stay Home, Work Safe” order that is keeping businesses open. “All persons in Collin County are hereby ordered to stay home, except for travel related to essential activities. Entertainment activities are not considered essential activities,” the order said. Collin County Judge Chris Hill went on to…

Comment

• My mom was in Kroger in Duncanville and Cedar Hill at some point last few days. She said Cedar Hill had some holes but Duncanville was fine. We ordered HEB curb side and other than the wait (5 days)there was plenty to choose from. I imagine people just don't want to go in and shop so the curbside picked up. My wife likes it, it costs no extra, and they just pop your hatch and throw it in while you sit there.

There is zero shortages on groceries, just idiots overloading their pantries with shit that won't even make it a week or two.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
        Source for this? I need to share this with a few sheep I know.

Even more updated today:

Detailed references: https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeaut...italy/fld0bee/

What are your sources?
        Chinese data: Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CCDC): “The Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia Emergency Response Epidemiology Team. The Epidemiological Characteristics of an Outbreak of 2019 Novel Coronavirus Diseases (COVID-19)”; PMID: 32064853 – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32064853
        Italian data: Italian National Institute of Health (ISS; Istituto Superiore di Sanità): [url]https://www.epicentro.iss.it/coronavirus/sars-cov-2-sorveglianza-dati[/url
        Korean data: Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC): https://www.cdc.go.kr/board/board.es...00000&bid=0030
        Spanish data: Spanish Ministry of Health (Ministerio de Sanidad): https://www.mscbs.gob.es/profesional...cionActual.htm

How did you make this plot?
        Plot:
        Generated in R using the following packages: ggplot2, wesanderson
        The color palette is from the movie, The Darjeeling Limited

Error bars:
        The error bars represent a bootstrapped (one million re-samplings) 95% (percentile) confidence-interval for the mean fatality rate (# of deaths divided by the # of cases)
        If you want to know more about the error bars read this comment thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeaut...china/fkk9p0t/

How up to date is your data?
        Italian data – 19th of March
        South Korean data – 24th of March
        Spanish data – 22nd of March
        Chinese data – 17th of February

How does this compare to the past?
        Look here at my previous post: https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeaut...taly_vs_china/
        The number of deaths for older individuals has increased drastically in Italy.

Why didn’t you include data from the US and/or other countries?
        Only countries that provide their COVID-19 raw data in the same age brackets presented above can be used. This is not the case for the United States (at this time).

Is this data biased in any way?
        If you want to compare the bars to each other, you must accept the following caveats:
        The level of care and number of hospital beds available differs greatly by country. This bias can skew the age demographics of those who succumb to disease.
        Pre-emptive testing can increase the total number of mild or asymptomatic cases detected and thus lower the overall mortality for all groups.
        Not all countries report deaths related to SARS-CoV-2 in the same way.

Comment

• I now have to carry paperwork with me to allow me to travel to work and back saying I'm an "essential employee". This shit is crazy.

Comment

• We got our paperwork yesterday. We also have to have a company ID badge

Comment

• Originally posted by one slow 5.0 View Post
              We got our paperwork yesterday. We also have to have a company ID badge
              I don't have one. I guess I'll just carry a business card and hope for the best.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                  I now have to carry paperwork with me to allow me to travel to work and back saying I'm an "essential employee". This shit is crazy.
                  If you want to see how ridiculous this situation is scroll down and read 8. at the bottom of the Denton County Disaster Declaration.

A violation may be punishable by criminal or civil reinforcement?

Denton County officials are planning to update residents about the county’s response to coronavirus and discuss a revised executive order to be implemented.

Comment

• just tell them two things if you get stopped...
                    Option 1.
                    Cop: where you headed?
                    Me: to the store for groceries...
                    Cop: you aren't supposed to be interacting with other people!
                    Me: You pulled me over dumb fuck, I was all alone before you walked up to me, you want to have this chicken or the egg conversation?

Option 2.
                    Cop: Where you headed?
                    Me: To get checked for Covid 19, I'm not feeling well, it's best for your health if we end our interaction here.
                    Cop: Step out of the car please sir.
                    Me: Step out and cough all over cop until I get shot.

Other than that I'll stay at home 99% of the time unless I need something. But I won't accept getting fucked with if I'm going to the store.
                    Originally posted by stevo
                    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Kaufman county just went shelter in place too. Oh goody.

Comment

• I'm here for the riots/quarantine/zombie attacks that everyone heard were coming from their neighbor who is a Delta Force billionaire astronaut oil tycoon with a 12" cock. It has been about a week now.

Also, it was business as usual today in Dallas despite the "lockdown!" and the assurances of a new Nazi state overseen by the gestapo.

What a bunch of horseshit. In two weeks you guys are going to feel like clowns.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Death count of various pandemics as a ratio of world population

Comment

• How do we get from 23k to 16MM, when places like South Korea are already slowing substantially?

Comment

I now have to carry paperwork with me to allow me to travel to work and back saying I'm an "essential employee". This shit is crazy.

Comment

I wrote up a writ of habeas corpus for myself on Sunday in the hope someone would try to pull me over and cite me. As it turns out the CDC considers Pool Service part of the critical infrastructure services so it doesn't look like I'm going to have any fun.
                                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                                X