First build-$900 budget-almost complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First build-$900 budget-almost complete

I've been buying parts since black Friday.
    This is my first build, aswell as my first powerful gaming system.
    MSI ATX DDR3 2400 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z97
    Intel Core i5-4690K
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SC
    Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Single
    Seagate 1TB HDD
    Samsung 850 Evo 250G SSD
    Corsair C70 case
    CORSAIR CX750M 750W

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

I was pretty proud of this until I saw inline's $700 graphics card
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

If you're pushing to a 1080p monitor for gaming, that build will be more than enough.

I really want that case, and I'm close to getting it.

The only thing stopping me is how lazy I am, and not wanting to move everything from one case to another.
      sigpic

Comment

Looks fun. I enjoy piecing them together

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I looked at cases for a long time. The green one is pretty cool too.
          Heres an 8000 post thread covering people building this case.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Looks like a solid build that should last you a couple years or so. I built something similar a year ago, with an ASRock motherboard, core i7 4770k, 2 sticks of Crucial Ballistx 8 GB RAM, MSI GTX 970, etc., etc.

I was looking at that case, but I could only find the green one in stock anywhere, and I didn't want it. I ended up with a Corsair Obsidian Series 450D:

Buy Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Black Brushed Aluminum and Steel ATX Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

I don't like it. It's bigger than I wanted it to be, and it has way more cooling than I actually need, so I'm about to start looking for smaller options to move my build into.

Comment

I think I got everything.

Is there any decent way to route the obnoxious video card power? It's was long. I'd like to make some custom lenght eventually.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                I was pretty proud of this until I saw inline's $700 graphics card
                Rome wasn't built in a day. I had a fairly solid PC before that purchase but my GPU was very dated when I had upgraded everything else over time. That was a pretty big splurge for me, ESPECIALLY for a pc part. Then you have guys like FFC who have 2 of them in the same build and probably better components then the both of us combined all the rest of the way around as well. Cant say I regret it one bit though. The games are looking crazy good on my old 1080p tv I am using for a monitor. Looking for a 4k replacement tv now.

Comment

Sooo, how'd it turn out? How's it run?

Comment

The suspense is killin me

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      Sooo, how'd it turn out? How's it run?
                      Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                      The suspense is killin me
                      Got it loaded up with windows 10 64-bit last night and did the initial start up.

On BF4 at 1920x1200 resolution with everything on ultra I'm getting 85-100FPS.
                      On medium I'm getting 162 FPS LOL. I was playing on low and medium with my older system (570ti) getting about 30FPS sometimes lower than that.
                      I can see leaves now, so thats cool.

I've never really been around a fast PC before, so this is pretty fun.
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Looks good, especially for the price!

I hate building PC's, especially now that everything is so new compared to when I did it before.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                          Looks good, especially for the price!

I hate building PC's, especially now that everything is so new compared to when I did it before.
                          Update.
                          I downloaded and installed PCmatic. I ran a 'full-scan' and the program ranked this build at top 6% in the world. Im pretty happy with that.
                          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Run 3dmark it's much more accurate. As nice as your pc is, its not top 6% by a long shot.
                            sigpic

Comment

Looks like shit.

JK, just bitter about the Xbone I got in the mail earlier today not reading any discs. FML...
                              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working...
                              X