Pistol Upper - Good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistol Upper - Good deal?

Based on Red X's prices for 7.5 uppers this seems like a decent deal. I don't have as good a handle on 7.5 uppers as i do rifle sizes. Anybody have any thoughts on price and quality of the brand?

Radical Arms 7.5 inch quad rail upper, no charging handle or BCG. Sig stabilizing brace, pistol buffer, tube, and spring. $399.

(Some other deals on Primary Arms' Labor day sale for those of you that don't get the e-mails.)
    Last edited by slow06; 08-27-2014, 02:29 PM.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
    -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

I'd be hesitant to buy a pistol upper. I hear they are loud and shoot fireballs, and not much else...

Anyone else can chime in and correct me, but I've kept my rifles at 10.5" minimum.

Comment

a 6.5ft upper is kinda long for a pistol upper.

god bles.s
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
        I'd be hesitant to buy a pistol upper. I hear they are loud and shoot fireballs, and not much else...

Anyone else can chime in and correct me, but I've kept my rifles at 10.5" minimum.
        how many SBR's do you have stamps on?

I'd rather have 30 rounds of .223 or 7.62 on deck out of a 7.5" barrel than 10-15 rounds of ANY pistol cartridge out of a 5" barrell

enjoy yoself
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post

Well to be honest this is purely for fun. It will likely see more paper targets than anything else, although I may try to snag a few hogs with it.

But effectiveness aside, just wanting to know if it's a good price for what it is.

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          a 6.5ft upper is kinda long for a pistol upper.

god bles.s
          It's a new ATF classification, long barrel pistol.
          Last edited by slow06; 08-27-2014, 02:36 PM.
          "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Comment

7.5" is as short as you want to go and still be effective. You loose about 20% of energy, but you gain a lot of maneuverability and lose a lot of weight. I love my 7.5", especially if you shoot it suppressed. Velocity drops from 3,100fps to 2,600fps. Fireballs and awesomeness increase by 200%.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I have a 7.5" AK pistol and a 6.5" AK pistol. Always have one within reach in the truck because fuck your glock

Comment

Seems like a decent deal to me, since the brace is included. But if you plan on SBR'ing the brace is obsolete.
                "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  I have a 7.5" AK pistol and a 6.5" AK pistol. Always have one within reach in the truck because fuck your glock
                  god damn right.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I'm glad you guys agree that it is useful but - how is the price?

(I'm thinking of it as about a $275 upper with a $100 brace and a $25 buffer kit.)

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      fuck 6.4s!!!

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                        I'm glad you guys agree that it is useful but - how is the price?

(I'm thinking of it as about a $275 upper with a $100 brace and a $25 buffer kit.)
                        Last time I checked those braces usually were around $130 or so, I'd say that's a pretty cheap gun.

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                          fuck 6.4s!!!
                          I can't argue with that...

FWIW, I love Glocks... I don't carry one anymore. I like my little 360PD... it's so small and light, it's like it's not even there, but I'll take my baby chopper over ANY traditional pistol if shit goes down

Comment

I really like my 7.5 ar with sig brace, but I love my m92 and cant wait to get a brace for it too. Both are just silly loud and throw nice fireballs.

One day I will get the stamps to SBR them for real but for now they keep me grinning.
                            Jon

Comment

I love shooting my 7.5" AR. More so than my 16". I need to get the paperwork done and get it SBR'd and start thinking about a suppressor
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X