No announcement yet.

Recommendations for .22 pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the replies! I am pretty much leaning toward the 22/45 Lite now. I have thought about upgrading my Buckmark, since I already have one, and have found these two barrels for right around $200. Is the red too gaudy looking? Edit: The red barrel I found is threaded, unlike the pic below.

or.....

Comment

My sig 1911-22 runs like a top suppressed. I run subsonics, along with multiple other makes of ammo. I have had 0 issues.
      "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
      http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
      Factory Five MK4 Cobra
      Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
      http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
      www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
      sigpic

Comment

My next one will prob be a 22/45. Always liked the buckmarks a lot. I've had this 422 since I was 11yo. 27yrs later and still working well! Great shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Semper299 View Post
          The full sized is made by Walther, and this new 22c is made here in the US by S&W. There was something I read about the firing mech being different, but I don't remember right now what it was.
          I know that the compact is made by Smith but the full size is made by Umarex, not sure if they are part of Walther or not. I haven't really looked too much into the compact because I have the full size, no need for two M&P 22 pistols. I hope they fixed the trigger, it isn't that good but it isn't bad.

Comment

I love my sr22. Picked it up couple months back for under $300. Gotta have good ammo though. Pretty much any "bulk" plinking rounds will typically jamb so I try and stick with as fresh federal and winchester as i can get.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
              I actually feel somewhat similar. I have a Mk III target and a 22/45 Lite and I prefer the Mk III. I like the grip angle of the 22/45 more but the trigger from the factory feels much nicer on the Mk III. Could have just gotten lucky with mine and not as much so with the Lite but who knows. I'm sure the Lite will be fantastic with a little clean up
              step 1 to buying a mkIII is to buy a vq sear and mkII bushing, $50 and you have a match trigger better than any crappy factory ruger trigger.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
              X