America's Top 30 most armed Counties. Texas full of slackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America's Top 30 most armed Counties. Texas full of slackers

Not a single Texas County on that list. Damn slackers. My home of Ouachita Parish comes in at 18. This is also the home of the Robertsons from Duck Commander.

So what I'm sayin' here is..... get off your ass and buy some guns.

City Data List has published Americas top 30 heaviest armed counties, and what’s not on the list is truly what’s most shocking.

The list is below. Have a gander, and see if you notice what’s missing.
    1) Fairbanks borough, AK – 59.1%
    2) Tooele County, UT – 59.1%
    3) Nez Perce County, ID – 59.0%
    4) Armstrong County, PA – 57.6%
    5) Rapides Parish, LA – 52.8%
    6) Teller County, CO – 52.3%
    7) Darlington County, SC – 52.1%
    8) Franklin County, VT – 51.7%
    9) Randolph County, NC – 51.1%
    10) Canyon County, ID – 50.9%
    11) Anchorage Municipality, AK – 50.0%
    12) Laramie County, WY – 49.6%
    13) Davis County, UT – 48.8%
    14) Yellowstone County, MT – 48.7%
    15) Franklin County, PA – 48.5%
    16) Pennington County, SD – 48.5%
    17) Terrebonne Parish, LA – 47.9%
    18) Ouachita Parish, LA – 47.6%
    19) Florence County, SC – 47.6%
    20) Orange County, VT – 47.0%
    21) Calcasieu Parish, LA – 46.4%
    22) Weber County, UT – 46.3%
    23) Kanawha County, WV – 45.2%
    24) Ada County, ID – 45.0%
    25) Pulaski County, AR – 44.7%
    26) Minnehaha County, SD – 44.7%
    27) Westmoreland County, PA – 44.0%
    28) Pinal County, AZ – 43.6%
    29) St. Tammany Parish, LA – 42.5%
    30) Caddo Parish, LA – 42.2%

Have you noticed what’s missing? That’s right, TEXAS! The 2nd biggest state in the union, and supposedly the most firearms friendly state, doesn’t have one single county on the list. As a matter of fact, the first Texas county to even make the list is Harris County coming in at a dismal #73. So now not only is Texas one of only 5 states in the union (6 if you include Washington D.C.) not allowing open carry, the supposed conservative firearms friendly state consisting of over 268,000 square miles barely has one county making the top 100.

However Texas’s neighbor Louisiana, a state 1/5 the size (52K square miles), has 6 parishes in the top 30. Even rural Vermont located in the midst of a northeastern liberal utopia had a county make the cut.

As many liberals migrate to the Lone Star State in search of lower taxes, cheaper cost of living, and higher employment rates, they bring their liberal anti-gun ideology with them.

It’s time that we as Americans stop believing stereotypes, and look at the facts. TEXAS IS NOT FIREARMS FRIENDLY, AND MIGHT NOT STAY RED FOREVER!

Eric Reed is the President and Founder of Gun Rights Across America (GRAA). They have chapters in all 50 states, and a membership of over 200,000 freedom loving Americans. Eric also works full time as an airline captain, and resides with his beautiful family in the great state of Texas. You can follow Eric on Twitter @EricReedGRAA, and on Facebook at: http://Facebook.com/EricReedGRAA.

Comment

How are they supposed to know how many guns I have?
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        How are they supposed to know how many guns I have?
        Good question.. potentially scary answer:

From the City-Data site that provided these numbers:

Health of residents in Ouachita Parish based on CDC Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Survey Questionnaires from 2003 to 2009:

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/county/Ouac...#ixzz3CGOMgFO3

Comment

My guess would be that those are pretty low population counties in pretty rural areas where almost everyone hunts.

Comment

Maybe people in Texas are smart enough not to fill out a survey questionnaire about how many guns they own.

Comment

I hate statistics like this, they don't even tell what they're basing those numbers on.

If you look at the pop. of the top three they're:

3. 39,531

Which are all very small numbers and out in the boonies when compared to larger counties such as Harris county at 4,254,000 which they fail to mention. So roughly one gun per two people in a farming county of 35k, is really not that amazing.

Then if you take a look at NICS checks ran from 2012 you can see that KY was by far #1 in checks for firearms purchases followed in second place by Texas. Amazingly, KY isn't even in the top 30 either...

As for how they know, I would guess they either somehow gleaned the info from NICS check data somehow or more likely, from a survey or the data from some other survey put out by some other organization such as the NRA.

I don't care one way or another which county is where in the grand scheme of things, I just hate statistics and how misleading they can be made to use for propaganda.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                Maybe people in Texas are smart enough not to fill out a survey questionnaire about how many guns they own.

lol, no shit! First thing I thought.

Comment

Since there's no registration in Texas...how does one find out? PA and CO are on the list and not exactly that high on "gun friendly"

Drawing from trusted sources and numerous examples of state-specific legislation and case law, we took a fresh look at the gun laws of every state in America to put things into perspective. Here's our list for gun-friendly states, ranked from worst to best, for 2014.

X2 on the survey comment.
                  Last edited by GhostTX; 09-03-2014, 10:31 AM.
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

1BAD06 said that PA isn't too bad outside Philly.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                      1BAD06 said that PA isn't too bad outside Philly.
                      Black AC disagrees with him.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I grew up in Woodland Park, CO. No joke on Teller County.

Comment

I bet those stats include long guns and a lot of those counties don't allow concealed carry at all.

statistics say that 84% of all statistics are bullshit
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Pulaski County, AR have nothing but redneck methheads/hunters there. the whole fuckin county are full of crazies

Comment

Based on those numbers, I've come up with the following:

Total Residents with guns in home in the top 30 counties in the US - 2,488,347

Total Residents with guns in home in two TX counties (Harris and Dallas) - 1,648,411, or 66.25% of the entire top 30 on the list.
                              Last edited by Silverback; 09-03-2014, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X