No announcement yet.

Remember that dude who form 1ed an MG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember that dude who form 1ed an MG?

Remember this:
    According to the gun lawyers and bloggers over at Prince Law Offices, P.C. a recent ATF determination that “unincorporated trusts” are not “persons” under the Gun Control Act may have opened a way for trusts to manufacture new Post-86 machine guns. Hit the link here to be taken to Prince’s Law Blog. There, he breaks … Read More …

Well he got approved, lol!

And it was immediately rescinded.
    Last edited by Moose242; 09-10-2014, 05:21 PM.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Well this could get interesting.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Haha. Reading the ar15 thread now.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Hahahhaa, I bet some heads are going to roll at the ATF for this

Comment

And the first thing he does is tell the whole world what he got away with, and instantly gets a call from the ATF.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            And the first thing he does is tell the whole world what he got away with, and instantly gets a call from the ATF.
            Reminds me of the whole kids fucking teachers deal
            2012 GT500

Comment

Lol, you know there lawyers are reading that arfcom post and their own wording on the law scratchin their heads wondering how the fuck to handle this... or they'll just say they can do what they want, because gubment

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
                Lol, you know there lawyers are reading that arfcom post and their own wording on the law scratchin their heads wondering how the fuck to handle this... or they'll just say they can do what they want, because gubment
                Pretty much what they did:

Originally posted by BATFE
                THE GUN CONTROL ACT OF 1968 (GCA), AS AMENDED, PROHIBITS ANY PERSON FROM POSSESSING A MACHINEGUN NOT

LAWFULLY POSSESSED AND REGISTERED PRIOR TO MAY 19, 1986. SEE 18 U.S.C. § 922(O). THE GCA DEFINES THE TERM "PERSON"

TO "INCLUDE ANY INDIVIDUAL, CORPORATION, COMPANY, ASSOCIATION, FIRM, PARTNERSHIP, SOCIETY, OR JOINT STOCK

COMPANY." SEE 18 U.S.C. § 921(A)(1). PURSUANT TO THE NFA, 26 U.S.C. § 5822, AND IMPLEMENTING REGULATIONS, 27 C.F.R. §

479.105(A), ATF MAY NOT APPROVE ANY PRIVATE PERSON'S APPLICATION TO MAKE AND REGISTER A MACHINEGUN AFTER MAY

19, 1986.

THE FACT THAT AN UNINCORPORATED TRUST IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE DEFINITION OF "PERSON" UNDER THE GCA DOES NOT

MEAN THAT AN INDIVIDUAL MAY AVOID LIABILITY UNDER SECTION 922(O) BY PLACING A MACHINEGUN "IN TRUST."

CONSEQUENTLY, IN TERMS OF AN UNINCORPORATED TRUST, ATF MUST DISREGARD SUCH A NON-ENTITY UNDER THE GCA AND

CONSIDER THE INDIVIDUAL ACTING ON BEHALF OF THE TRUST TO BE THE PROPOSED MAKER/POSSESSOR OF THE

MACHINEGUN.
                "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

That should open them up to legal action.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I wonder if it would have stuck if he didn't go bragging about it on the net. I can't say I don't blame him. I'd share the info just to help others for future endeavors.

I bet it was exactly as they said. It was a legit request that showed no skirting around the law, so someone on the ATF side initially approved it. Then once that thread blew up, hitting every gun site on the web, ATF personnel assigned to web troll duty made the call to their daddy to yank the request.

"Because I said so"
                    Sincerely,
                    ATF

Comment

On the nose Denny.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        The way I read it, he told the whole world what he was trying to get away with, and he got a call from the ATF before he ever realized he got away with it.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Comment

Does anyone at the BATFE actually like machineguns?
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Apparently either one examiner does or he/she was trolling to the max.

Comment

Working...
                              X