Do you tip for takeout food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    Yea but if they’re guaranteed money, is there a reason to go that extra mile and give excellent service? I know I’d put in less effort if I made the same no matter how hard I tried.. I’d still give good service, but not over the top
    I definitely agree with you there...and that's why I love tipping. I can literally buy preferential treatment everywhere I go for like an extra 20-40 bucks.

I know if i tip the bartender well right off the bat I'm going to get served regardless of how long the other folks have been waiting in line. And if I dont...that's fine I'll go to the next bartender that will respond to tipping.

This is orders of magnitude more effective in lower standard of living countries. The last time my wife and I went to Cancun we were seated before everyone else in line just for handing out an extra $20 a day.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
      I made bank for that point and position and life. Graduated from college debt free. And got to bang all the new chicks they hired. However, you’re still a pos if you don’t tip.
      Some dude making minimum wage at a fast food joint that want's decent food for a change and doesn't tip for take out is a POS?

You're an entitled piece of shit.

Comment

I was making almost $20 an hour most nights in 2003-2006 waiting tables at moderately busy local owned casual dinning Deli. Way better than my buddies getting $7 an hour changing oil at the quicklube that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          I've worked at 2.5 restaurants...I see you are resorting to running away from the fact that I'm entirely correct and you didnt know how the actual math worked with the tip credit system
          Not running. I know exactly how it works. I have over 20 years combined in restaurant, and I have never worked for, nor heard of a restaurant that would make you whole if you didn’t make MW combined. Like I said, just because it’s on paper doesn’t mean that’s how it works. What Stephen said is 100% correct. Also, a restaurant can’t force or prove/disprove cash tips, so it’s not an exact science.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          My whole point is that if we went by the "it's a management problem for not paying employees the real minimum wage" argument....then you shouldnt expect tips. The whole reason people always argue for tips is because "but but but we only get 2.13 an hour...sad face..."

I promise you most wait staff would be pissed to get 7.25 and no tips. And customers would not stop eating out because they would not have a higher bill when you consider the tip.
          This I agree with. The ones bitching about wages are shitty servers and they’d be bitching about wages no matter where they worked. I made pretty decent money, and fuck a bunch of waiting tables with a straight wage. If you take my incentive away to do a good job, I’ll go find something else with incentives. Any good waiter/hard worker would agree.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Yall are funny. Any tipped employee has to make tips plus server pay and equal to Min wage. Saying that in 15 years we have never had a server avg less than min wage for the week.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
              Yall are funny. Any tipped employee has to make tips plus server pay and equal to Min wage. Saying that in 15 years we have never had a server avg less than min wage for the week.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
              You don't know shit about restaurants!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                Some dude making minimum wage at a fast food joint that want's decent food for a change and doesn't tip for take out is a POS?

You're an entitled piece of shit.
                Entitled? You walk into a place where the staff is paid for the service with tips and are one of the only cocksuckers that doesn’t pay for the service. Maybe you should call ahead and ask if they want to donate their time to ya.

Comment

Entitled? You walk into a place where the staff is paid for the service with tips and are one of the only cocksuckers that doesn’t pay for the service. Maybe you should call ahead and ask if they want to donate their time to ya.
                  The service of making me walk up to a counter and pick up the food I ordered over the phone?

The service of pressing buttons on a register?

I'm in their establishment for less than 2 minutes, and I should tip?

Wut?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                    The service of making me walk up to a counter and pick up the food I ordered over the phone?

Wut?
                    That’s correct.

Comment

Lol, fuck that. You're getting bamboozled if you're tipping for that.
                      sigpic

Comment

The tip line is getting out of control at restaurants nowadays. It's crazy to go into a place, stand in line, place order and get a tip line on the receipt for food that I am going to pick up just down the counter. I always tip well in sit down restaurants.

One of my sons works in a higher priced restaurant and does well so I understand the dynamics, it just seems odd that a tip is expected for taking an order.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post

Wut?
                          Would you sit down at the bar while waiting on your takeout and not tip on the 1 beer you had in the 5 minutes of waiting? All he did was crack the beer and hand it to you. Less effort than getting your meal together

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
                            The tip line is getting out of control at restaurants nowadays. It's crazy to go into a place, stand in line, place order and get a tip line on the receipt for food that I am going to pick up just down the counter. I always tip well in sit down restaurants.

One of my sons works in a higher priced restaurant and does well so I understand the dynamics, it just seems odd that a tip is expected for taking an order.
                            Ex: I don’t think freebirds should have a tip line. That’s fast food. No service other than asking me what I want in my burrito and if I want an empty cup to get my own drink.
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

That’s correct.
                              And that's why I called you an entitled prick.

That job of packing up to-go orders should be an hourly rate. It should not be put on someone making server wages behind the bar.

That is a management issue.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                                Would you sit down at the bar while waiting on your takeout and not tip on the 1 beer you had in the 5 minutes of waiting? All he did was crack the beer and hand it to you. Less effort than getting your meal together
                                I wouldn't sit at a bar to wait for my pick up order to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                                X