No soliciting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No soliciting

Newish neighborhood and the vultures are fuckin out. These dick heads dont know what "I'm not interested" means anymore. I made this and it worked on the first guy but there was a lady yesterday that I saw on the doorbell cam walk right up and read it and then ring the fuckin bell anyways.... I cant wait for the next time I'm home and this happens. I'm dying to know what the response is when I ask them if they know what "no fuckin soliciting" means.

Back in my roofing days we saw a guy that had a big ornate sign made, and it was right above the doorbell. No way anyone could ever miss it. It said something like:

"I don't care what it is, what you want, or what you need. Just go away."

As for my house the sticker on the door from walmart seems to work fine. Sounds like you need some yard signs.
    WH

Comment

Nice door! It matches well with the brick color. Sign? What sign?

Comment

Is it just me or does the handle set seem super low on that door?

Comment

Don installed it...

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
            Don installed it...
            Short person joke?

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
              Is it just me or does the handle set seem super low on that door?
              door looks hella narrow too like one of my closet doors

Comment

lmao, the door is 8' tall and standard width. The handle is in the normal spot there is just more door up top. Those windows are well over my 6'1" head.

Comment

We had a sales person literally say "I see you have a no soliciting sign so I'm not here to sell you anything...I just want to tell you about our past control services."

Comment

Mrs Betty that lives 4 doors down was just coming over to welcome y'all to the neighborhood!

Comment

One's I get lately won't wring the bell if there's a camera on it. instead they knock on the door, yell "HELLO" several times, and wave their hand in the little window at the top of the door. they do this for about a minute then move on to the next one. I have not been home when this turd comes by yet, but I really want to be. My normal response to these shit bags is to ask them for their permit and if they don't show it to me I ask them if they want to wait for the cops or try to GTFO before they get here. Denton PD are bigger ass holes to door to door people than I am. It's always good for a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                        Denton PD are bigger ass holes to door to door people than I am. It's always good for a laugh.
                        Benbrook requires them to wear a neon vest, name tag and have a permit signed by the chief of police. It's slowed them down dramatically but I'll still get a couple of roofing guys every time we get some strong winds. I just started telling them it's a rental and IDGAF. It's easier than hearing them tell me how they can get my insurance to cover it.

Oh yeah I had a video of two guys reading my sign and pushing the button anyway. We were fostering a not very well trained pit mix at the time and he'd go fucking ballistic when that door bell went off. They still tried to get me to switch electricity providers while I was holding back 35 pounds of teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                          Benbrook requires them to wear a neon vest, name tag and have a permit signed by the chief of police. It's slowed them down dramatically but I'll still get a couple of roofing guys every time we get some strong winds. I just started telling them it's a rental and IDGAF. It's easier than hearing them tell me how they can get my insurance to cover it.

Oh yeah I had a video of two guys reading my sign and pushing the button anyway. We were fostering a not very well trained pit mix at the time and he'd go fucking ballistic when that door bell went off. They still tried to get me to switch electricity providers while I was holding back 35 pounds of teeth.
                          Back before I had the cameras I had this guy come by at like 8pm after dark and try and sell me firestone oil changes. I asked him if he knew how to read and he starts going on about my no soliciting sign "isn't legal" and that he doesn't have to obey it because it's not the right sign. Dude then cops a huge attitude and starts getting loud. I made a few phone calls, and before an hour went buy I heard from the owner of the company he worked for. Turns out he was only supposed to be going to local businesses and was told to stop at 5pm. Denton PD ended up calling the business owner to get the salesman's personal info and really wanted to "talk" to him. You can say a lot bad about Denton PD, but they take this kinda stuff seriously. They treat every unlicensed door to door like they are theirs casing houses.

Comment

Like @Gasser64 posted a cheap stick-on sign from Walmart has been working just fine so far.

Comment

Just before I moved out here. I lived in Azle and had a guy ring my doorbell at 10pm on a school night. It was some black guy I think I couldn't tell with all the ink all over his face so I answer the door with my shotgun. He takes 3 huge steps back and starts screaming like a little girl. I said who the fuck are you and what the fuck do you want? He said I'm in the neighborhood selling magazine subscriptions! I told him it would be best if he got the hell out of here before someone shoots him
                              I said nobody buys magazine subscriptions anymore and you walking around like you look at this time of night you're gonna wind up on the morning news. Get the fuck out of here! A busted ass blue and red Geo metro pulled up and they took off.

Comment

Working...
                              X