Transgender high school student stars on female track team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transgender high school student stars on female track team

Transgender high school student stars on female track team: ‘I do hope I inspire people’
    A Connecticut high school is allowing a 15-year-old transgender student who identifies as a girl to run on its female track team.

Connecticut high school is allowing a 15-year-old transgender student who identifies as a girl to run on its female track team.

Coaches at Cromwell High School are thrilled with freshman Andraya Yearwood, whose speed compared to biological girls makes the student a star. Andraya clocked times of 11.99 seconds and 26.34 seconds in the 100- and 200-meter dashes, respectively, during the first meet of the season. Both times resulted in a first-place win.

“I have a spectacular female athlete,” coach Brian Calhoun told the Hartford Courant. “There’s nothing more to say. To approach it in any other way might create some sort of issue or conversation.”

Andraya told the newspaper she hopes to “inspire people, but not only with track.”

“I hope it inspires people to not hold yourself back just because you’re scared of it or it is your first time doing it, or because of other people’s negativity,” she said.

The student’s mother, Ngozi Nnaji, said critics should stop focusing on her child’s biology while watching races or reading about the results.

As the competitors settled into their blocks Tuesday for the 100-meter girls final at the CIAC Class M track meet — one sprinter clearly more powerfully built than the others — the ques…

As the competitors settled into their blocks Tuesday for the 100-meter girls final at the CIAC Class M track meet — one sprinter clearly more powerfully built than the others — the question could not be ignored.

As that same powerfully built sprinter overtook the field in the final 70 meters of the 200 finals, the question remained.
    And as Stonington junior Kate Hall, who had won the Class M 100 last year, brushed back tears after she had finished second behind transgender female Andraya Yearwood of Cromwell in the 100, this much was clear:

The question that could not be ignored has no easy, painless answer.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 06-04-2017, 09:09 AM.

I sure hope the guy is doing this just to clown them.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

That picture says it all. The Quads on that girl almost look like a guy's

Comment

Andraya has a nice stach.....

Comment

Originally posted by noshine4mine View Post
          That's because they are?

Comment

Originally posted by noshine4mine View Post
            It is a guy.

Comment

Comment

SS Junk and Jimbo... Did you just assume that girl's gender? You two are racist. Now apologize to Zim.

Ok enough lulz, I truly can't wait for this to blow up in the progressive's faces.

Comment

That is so much win!

Comment

Maybe if the girls going up against him (and others like him) would refuse to compete things would start to change.

Just stand up when the gun goes off and let him run the race by himself.
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

Identities should race amongst themselves. Call it drag racing like they do in Dupont Circle, DC.

Comment

What if I decided one day that my 1yr old Whippet was actually a teenaged human girl, and whipped all their asses (girls, and boys competing as girls) at national track meets?

Where does this insanity stop?
                        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Andre... slowest guy on men's track team...

Andraya... fastest guy on women's track team...

who didn't see that coming

Comment

I read a discussion on this topic the other day, and heard something interesting. In this case, the Olympic record for women's 200m is 21.34 seconds set by Florence Griffith-Joyner in 1988. The record for TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL MEN'S is 200m 20.13 NR Roy Martin of Dallas Roosevelt in 1985.

This was done over and over, with different events, Olympic women's records VS high school men's records, and it was largely the same over and over.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post

Where does this insanity stop?

In communism. They need infinite victim classes to bring it about. Standard marxist strategy, and its why you see all the marxists braying about it non stop.
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X