Detroit hood at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
    The amount of racism in here is getting deep and unnecessary. It's not a race issue. It's a social issue, specifically parenting. Minorities have more opportunities to upgrade their life via handouts than others. The choices people make, mainly from a lack of structured upbringing are the key here. Don't make it race.

My father came from the hills of WVA. His dad died an illiterate alcoholic. As a 12 year old boy, my dad often had to stay up all night with a rifle (the same one he often had to use to produce food for the family (9 kids total through the years) to protect their equipment (coal hauling) from union attacks. He made it out, and I like to think I've turned out okay because he chose to be different. Others can do the same.

And for the record, white people (and every other race) behaves in exactly the same way. You just need to look a little closer.
    Thomas Sowell agrees 100%. I know in another thread I said it’s bad parenting, shitty education, and poverty. Those are the reasons. Sadly, largely democratic run communities seem to have more of these issues than other communities.

I’ve beat this drum to death here, but education is the problem and solution. America is still the best place to get ahead by applying your unique skills and knowledge. These people have no education, so they have nothing to build on. I blame their elected officials who are almost all Democrats.

Comment

^^^ I like Thomas Sowell but he it's only partially correct about it being a social issue. On the social side you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink, that's kind of what we see in urban blacks in America. All the opportunity in the entire world is laid at their feet and they choose not to pick it up.

If you believe it is purely a social issue then explain to me how every single black dominated Society behaves in the exact same fashion even when they're separated by thousands of miles.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
        ^^^ I like Thomas Sowell but he it's only partially correct about it being a social issue. On the social side you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink, that's kind of what we see in urban blacks in America. All the opportunity in the entire world is laid at their feet and they choose not to pick it up.

If you believe it is purely a social issue then explain to me how every single black dominated Society behaves in the exact same fashion even when they're separated by thousands of miles.
        I work in a business where I encounter many educated Africans. They don’t act like the people in this video. Your partially right about their level of opportunity and leading the “horse.” Sometimes you have to drown the horse before they get it. We are both right in specific cases but that’s human nature at play and free will. In America you can be an uneducated hood rat jackass if you want. That said poverty, crappy public education in inner cities, and Democratic party leadership compound the problem.

Comment

I know what you mean; I have a few black clients that I really like.

Y'all are going to laugh but I was considering adopting about 8 years ago and figured if I was going to do it that I would adopt a black child or two.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

There's a reason that the national guard is between the 9th ward and the rest of New Orleans or at the next area over. If the shit hits the fan it's to keep the 9th ward contained unto itself. They'll loot and pillage and kill themselves off. My old co-worker pastors a mission church in the middle of the French quarter, they deal I with a lot of the homeless and lower income folk. I visited in August 2014. I remember him telling me about some youth boys that had been attending the church, early teens, he'd been hoping they'd stick to staying straight and make a better life for themselves, 1 or 2 were killed by gang shit.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
              The amount of racism in here is getting deep and unnecessary. It's not a race issue. It's a social issue, specifically parenting. Minorities have more opportunities to upgrade their life via handouts than others. The choices people make, mainly from a lack of structured upbringing are the key here. Don't make it race.

My father came from the hills of WVA. His dad died an illiterate alcoholic. As a 12 year old boy, my dad often had to stay up all night with a rifle (the same one he often had to use to produce food for the family (9 kids total through the years) to protect their equipment (coal hauling) from union attacks. He made it out, and I like to think I've turned out okay because he chose to be different. Others can do the same.

And for the record, white people (and every other race) behaves in exactly the same way. You just need to look a little closer.
              Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
              Thomas Sowell agrees 100%. I know in another thread I said it’s bad parenting, shitty education, and poverty. Those are the reasons. Sadly, largely democratic run communities seem to have more of these issues than other communities.

I’ve beat this drum to death here, but education is the problem and solution. America is still the best place to get ahead by applying your unique skills and knowledge. These people have no education, so they have nothing to build on. I blame their elected officials who are almost all Democrats.
              Good posts, and right along the same lines as my thoughts / opinions on the matter. Some people, especially those who have lived their entire lives in predominantly suburban and near urban areas, don't realize that there are plenty of poor white communities that churn out similarly directionless and unmotivated humans who grow up to rely on charity, government aid, and supplement that with criminal activity.

I've seen a great deal of that personally in some of the more rural areas I've lived and visited over the years. There are two areas that immediately come to mind, the first near where I used to live in WA state. There are a few towns that are primarily blue collar, supported mostly by the timber industry (paper and lumber mills, and the associated logging operations). They all have large, 'economically depressed' neighborhoods where people wander the streets at all hours and otherwise act very similarly to what is depicted in the video, and what I've seen in more urban minority areas like Stop Six. In fact, I would go so far as to say that even the 'nice' areas of those towns are at best, equivalent to lower middle class around here.

Parents of each generation continue to propagate the dependence on social services to the point where there is no motivation to try and improve their own situation. They graduate to adulthood, just to apply for the same services in their own names, and continue the cycle. Hell, even when the parenting isn't bad, they have jobs and live honest, decent lives, they are still working low paying jobs that keep them in the poor neighborhoods. Even the greatest parents can have trouble competing with peer pressure, and unfortunately those communities have the same issues as poor minority communities, where intelligence and education are looked down on and high achievers are ridiculed and even beaten up regularly.

The other place was in rural eastern Kentucky, where I used to have to visit regularly at with previous employer. For about a year I spent a week out of every month there, and the only real difference was that the town was a little more dispersed because of the landscape there (all hills and deep valleys with small clusters of homes and businesses at 'wide spots' along the road); and that their primary blue collar industry is coal, although timber was also common.

It's really easy to write it off as simply a race issue, but it's much bigger than that, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                Good posts, and right along the same lines as my thoughts / opinions on the matter. Some people, especially those who have lived their entire lives in predominantly suburban and near urban areas, don't realize that there are plenty of poor white communities that churn out similarly directionless and unmotivated humans who grow up to rely on charity, government aid, and supplement that with criminal activity.

I've seen a great deal of that personally in some of the more rural areas I've lived and visited over the years. There are two areas that immediately come to mind, the first near where I used to live in WA state. There are a few towns that are primarily blue collar, supported mostly by the timber industry (paper and lumber mills, and the associated logging operations). They all have large, 'economically depressed' neighborhoods where people wander the streets at all hours and otherwise act very similarly to what is depicted in the video, and what I've seen in more urban minority areas like Stop Six. In fact, I would go so far as to say that even the 'nice' areas of those towns are at best, equivalent to lower middle class around here.

Parents of each generation continue to propagate the dependence on social services to the point where there is no motivation to try and improve their own situation. They graduate to adulthood, just to apply for the same services in their own names, and continue the cycle. Hell, even when the parenting isn't bad, they have jobs and live honest, decent lives, they are still working low paying jobs that keep them in the poor neighborhoods. Even the greatest parents can have trouble competing with peer pressure, and unfortunately those communities have the same issues as poor minority communities, where intelligence and education are looked down on and high achievers are ridiculed and even beaten up regularly.

The other place was in rural eastern Kentucky, where I used to have to visit regularly at with previous employer. For about a year I spent a week out of every month there, and the only real difference was that the town was a little more dispersed because of the landscape there (all hills and deep valleys with small clusters of homes and businesses at 'wide spots' along the road); and that their primary blue collar industry is coal, although timber was also common.

It's really easy to write it off as simply a race issue, but it's much bigger than that, IMO.
                Well said. I grew up in neighborhoods with these problems. Clearly not as problematic as Detroit but still not ideal. I’ve used to get asked a lot to trade beer for food stamps, etc. My new house is being built in a really nice area. Education was the key. Hell Yale knows me from back when I struggled to have two nickels to rub together. Working hard at a food plant wasn’t exactly lucrative.

Comment

Thats all waycist. You're all a bunch of waicists.
                  WH

Comment

Working...
                  X