More cowboy shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More cowboy shooting

My son and I went to Evansville, IN this weekend and shot at the NCOWS Nationals. He placed 2nd in the Junior's and I placed 2nd in Men's 2 Gun Black Powder.

92 LX 5.0

Badass work, dude!
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Awesome.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Thanks. He really likes using the black powder sub. He was pretty excited because the two other kids that placed were using light .38 loads, so light they had a couple of squib rounds, and he was using rounds loaded hotter than a lot of the adults there.
        92 LX 5.0

Comment

I see you're still dressing the same all these years later.

That looks fun! My son is already wanting to shoot in as many competitions as he can when he gets back.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            I see you're still dressing the same all these years later.

That looks fun! My son is already wanting to shoot in as many competitions as he can when he gets back.
            Just wait until I am walking around open carrying that 1871 Open Top . Do it with him. Going to these shoots with my boys have been tons of fun. These are competitions, but it's very laid back and all about having fun.
            92 LX 5.0

Comment

Apparently there was a cowboy action shoot in Stephenville this week. A bunch of dudes in old timey clothes were all over town.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                Apparently there was a cowboy action shoot in Stephenville this week. A bunch of dudes in old timey clothes were all over town.
                Everyday is Cowboy day at Jake and Dorothy's..... unless Stephenville has somehow changed, which I doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
                  Thanks. He really likes using the black powder sub. He was pretty excited because the two other kids that placed were using light .38 loads, so light they had a couple of squib rounds, and he was using rounds loaded hotter than a lot of the adults there.
                  Great job teaching jr how to control his pistol and aim properly using real ammunition!

I'm not going to lie, I'm still working on my techinque to get as good with 10mm loads as I am with 9mm and 45 acp. There is a real skill involved in getting back on target and shooting stability with hotter loads.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                    Everyday is Cowboy day at Jake and Dorothy's..... unless Stephenville has somehow changed, which I doubt.
                    The dining room in that place has only gotten worse.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                      Great job teaching jr how to control his pistol and aim properly using real ammunition!

I'm not going to lie, I'm still working on my techinque to get as good with 10mm loads as I am with 9mm and 45 acp. There is a real skill involved in getting back on target and shooting stability with hotter loads.
                      He shoots my XD and Shield in .40S&W all the time at home. Heck I had him shooting my Mosin when he was 12 or 13! He learned to shoot with open sights too. Here is a video of him shooting some Tannerite with the Mosin from a couple years ago, granted he was only 50-60 yards away.

92 LX 5.0

Comment

Working...
                      X