Anyone Panic-buying yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Panic-buying yet?

I am not subjected to the 24 news cycle like you guys. I'm limited to FB and Yahoo and not really following all to well. Well, those and of course the best news source in the world, DFWMustangs.net.

So, anyone panic-buying yet? Anyone know deals on lowers?

I am thinking buy up 10 and stash in the back of the safe. Obv not to sell for profit down the road, but to own prior to any ban going into effect.

I am out on looking for a bumpstock.

I sure hope these talks of change don't fuck up the registered select fire M16s. I am saving up for mine and about 6 months away from pulling the trigger
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

I bought
    30 gen 3 pmags w/ windows while they were cheap.
    Also 30 gen 3 AK mag with the metal tabs.
    Also some IMI 5.56 that midway was having for $240/k w free shipping. They still do, intermittently.
    Also some gold dot .223

Mostly this was stuff I've been meaning to get, but did it faster.

Depending on what happens over the next weeks, it might be a whole lot more.

Comment

I am not. Have a lower that has no upper in the safe and unsure of how many mags I have. At the moment I have everything I want gun related, my next purchase would likely be an upper or another suppressor. Right now we are focusing back on savings, looking at pop up campers, and planning a disney world trip for the kiddo and an elk hunting trip for me. I hate the trump administration's stance on guns but it doesn't surprise me. Bump stocks are all but gone and maybe some triggers. Age will likely be raised to 21 (but the age to join the military wont be raised because fuck common sense), but I don't see a mag ban or other regs happening. Just my two cents. I pay some attention to the news but have reduced my attention on media by at least 50% since trump and hillary became the nominees. I basically threw my hands up and said "fuck it, I'm out!".
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

If it looks like triggers are going down too, I will call on CMC Triggers in Fort Worth for a guided tour of their facility and purchase a box full of them.

I am on Brownell's right now with 8 bare lowers (of 2 different model numbers) in my cart.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
          If it looks like triggers are going down too, I will call on CMC Triggers in Fort Worth for a guided tour of their facility and purchase a box full of them.

I am on Brownell's right now with 8 bare lowers (of 2 different model numbers) in my cart.
          Yes it sounds like they are going to go after triggers so stock up if it is a concern.

Comment

No panic buying for me. If Clinton were president though I would certainly be in full panic buying mode.

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
            Yes it sounds like they are going to go after triggers so stock up if it is a concern.
            Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
              No panic buying for me. If Clinton were president though I would certainly be in full panic buying mode.

Seriously?
              Yeah they have been wording the rhetoric as anything that makes a semi auto fire faster, or anything that converts a semi auto into a machine gun (because apparently bump stocks and triggers do that). It certainly sounds like they are going after all mods that increase rates of fire in a semi auto firearm. So any trigger with a lighter pull or quicker reset is probably on the chopping block.

Comment

Yeah they have been wording the rhetoric as anything that makes a semi auto fire faster, or anything that converts a semi auto into a machine gun (because apparently bump stocks and triggers do that). It certainly sounds like they are going after all mods that increase rates of fire in a semi auto firearm. So any trigger with a lighter pull or quicker reset is probably on the chopping block.
                .....and we get back to the belt loop. I can't wait until that debate with the idiot masses.

At work, a very well respected military colluege of mine says, "what does it SOUND like" referring to a bumpfire stock with a person shooting it that has had practice. I said, like a rapid fire or full auto. But that doesn't change the definition of one primer strike PER separate trigger pull. I then show him videos of Jerry Miculek and I said "regulate this. sure sounds like full auto and that is a revolver with reloads mixed in".

I wanted to show him videos of us bumpfiring even a Luger pistol down at the river with Alex and the gang. ANYTHING can be used to speed up and bumpfire a semiauto. Regulate "anything".

This is going to come down to Trump and the WH along with congress trying their best to regulate and the ATF finally stepping up and saying that it can't be done. Trump will blame them, it will look like he tried, he will get the age raised to 21, they might even get something added into background checks. Which if they do tackle the background check issue, I want to see people with state held CHL or LTCs and folks with positive adjudication in JPAS either on SF85 or SF86 get fast tracked right around it. Some give and TAKE.

But no matter what, I think we are on the cusp of higher priced stuff..

Comment

something is going to happen...i just wonder if they will grandfather triggers and bumpstocks or will it just be a total ban

Comment

OK I understand. Doesn't make sense but I understand.

Comment

Wouldn't call it panic buying but it motivated me a little. In the last 2 weeks I bought 1k rounds of 9mm, 1k rounds of 22lr, 100 rounds of 12g 00buck, and 600 rounds of 300blk subs. Didn't need any of it besides the 300blk but don't even want to be close to getting low on any of it. My threshold of fun shooting is 1k rounds. If I hit that there is no more shooting that caliber until I have more.

Comment

I am sadly somewhere between 1k-2k on .223 stuff.

Comment

I am sadly somewhere between 1k-2k on .223 stuff.
                          I didn't even consider 5.56 anything. I was buying several boxes every week for about 4 years. Ive got at least 5k rounds of that. Although I'm sure when ANY legislation is even being considered it will spike.

I'm buying all of my ammo online now, before this I haven't bought any in at least 2 years online. When I was checking out I saw a list of states that do not allow or have special requirements for online ammo purchase that wasn't there the last time I ordered online. Its scary.

Comment

No panic, but did secure the p5-sd. I can’t wait to put some lead downrange.
                            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                            86 SVO - Sold
                            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

.....and we get back to the belt loop. I can't wait until that debate with the idiot masses.

This is why people of the future all wear spandex clothing... no belt loops!

Comment

Working...
                              X