ray donovan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ray donovan

So has anyone seen this on showtime. It is a new series on Sundays. Any thoughts?
    99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
    going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

I like it so far. John Voight plays a good slimeball. It has a lot of interesting characters and is a little over-played. It's no "Soprano's", but I like it fine.

Comment

They are reaching hard to give it a Soprano vibe.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
        I like it so far. John Voight plays a good slimeball. It has a lot of interesting characters and is a little over-played. It's no "Soprano's", but I like it fine.
        Agreed. John voight plays a piece of shit well. I would like to see how it develops. I believe it could have a hell of a run

Comment

Watched the first one so far, probably watch the rest after they build up on the DVR. Seemed OK, but sometimes it takes 2-4 to really get into it for me, so I'll reserve judgment for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
            It's no "Soprano's", but I like it fine.
            Sums it up well.
            It's watchable, but not great...yet...

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
              Watched the first one so far, probably watch the rest after they build up on the DVR. Seemed OK, but sometimes it takes 2-4 to really get into it for me, so I'll reserve judgment for now.
              X2

Comment

just watched 1-3 today. I am kind of hooked.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Is anyone else keeping up with this?
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I like it and have been watching.

Comment

I think it is badass. Sopranos vibe? Lol, you guys are off your rockers, or have never seen Sopranos.

Comment

Watching it and so far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
                          I think it is badass. Sopranos vibe? Lol, you guys are off your rockers, or have never seen Sopranos.
                          Shady/organized crime family from Boston (instead of Jersey).

A family "matriarch", who leads a double life, a la Tony Soprano.

An old guy in the family that is unbalanced and who's time has come (Junior vs. John Voight).

Ray has a teenaged daughter and son.

I watched every episode of the Soprano's at least twice over the years, and I kinda got that vibe.

Comment

Well played. Lol

Comment

I've watched it from the beginning and think it's excellent. Other than the occasional foray into Voight's criminal past, there's no comparison whatsoever to Sopranos. It's not a mobster family w/ family problems series. It's a portrayal of a Hollywood PI/celebrity fixer that comes from a seedy boxing dynasty. Lieb Schrieber is excellent as Donovan, and the two unhandsome, regular guy types who play his effed-up brothers are equally strong. Voight and a superb neurotic Jew Elliott Gould round-out a very strong cast. Sure some episodes are stronger or more entertaining than others, but overall I believe it's first-rate.

Also started watching "Low Winter Sun," a dark cop drama set in Detroit. So far not too bad either.

Comment

Working...
                              X