No announcement yet.

Pics from Red River Motorcycle Trails 05-29-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That kid on the Honda is looking into a world of hurt. Flip flops?

Comment

Originally posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon View Post
      I have no seen <knock on wood cause i fuckin hate snakes with a passion> any at RRMT - and i've walked around and spent the majority of my time there. I have ran over a rattlesnake that I didn't even see at Cross Bar though. The guy behind me saw it lol.
      We saw one sitting by the river bank as you enter the ranch and I heard another one while stopped for a drink break on the long ass rock trail. Didn't stop for long! That's why their website says boots are mandatory.

Between those and coyotes it's fun camping out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
        Went out there yesterday for the first time in 10+ years. Man I don't remember that place being that knarly. There was some stuff up in petes gate/costa rica area, that I don't know how I made it down some of the hills and then back up.

Wicked crazy out there.
        Go through Pete's gate, then take the left into Costa Rica... go down the hill immediately to the right, cross the creek in the bottom and go along the creek towards the Red River. Cross the creek again and take a left. Go up that hill, be careful cause it turns at the top to the left and then switches back to the right.

That area of RRMT is my favorite I think - Pete's Gate and Costa Rica. I want to give you guys a preview of what's coming for RRMT.

This is just waiting for approval but will be for members only.

And... I heard someone is mapping it to make maps for everyone...

Obviously, I have a lot more to map and I have mapped a lot more since these pictures, just need to upload my GPS.
        I build websites. PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
          Went out there yesterday for the first time in 10+ years. Man I don't remember that place being that knarly. There was some stuff up in petes gate/costa rica area, that I don't know how I made it down some of the hills and then back up.

Wicked crazy out there.
          Just east if the creek, west along the river from the creek is the most open. Peres gate and that area can getting dangerous if you do not know it.
          http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

I have ran over a rattlesnake that I didn't even see at Cross Bar though. The guy behind me saw it lol.
            That fucker was pissed

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
              That fucker was pissed
              I couldn't remember if it was you or Gary behind me - now that I'm thinking about it - Gary wasn't even on that trip lol
              I build websites. PM me.

Comment

I couldn't remember if it was you or Gary behind me - now that I'm thinking about it - Gary wasn't even on that trip lol
                Nope, he has never been to x bar

Comment

I was out there this weekend in my silver rhino... Wish I would have known you guys were out there.

Comment

Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
                    I was out there this weekend in my silver rhino... Wish I would have known you guys were out there.
                    Sorry, I normally post up when we go. But rarely get any response.

Comment

Nice pics, great place to ride

Comment

Great looking pics! Like people have said above, that kid is looking at getting hurt or worse. Nevermind the sunburn alone! His parents are obviously not the smartest but owell.

Looks like a awsome time though, makes me wish I still had my old quads.

Comment

Here's a couple...

Yes... crappy phone pics

Comment

Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
                            Here's a couple...

Yes... crappy phone pics
                            how do you like the rhino over the rzr?

Comment

Eh... Maybe just some ground clearance and sitting alittle higher up. I'd have to say the power the razr has is uncomparable...

I'd say I like the price difference ;-)

I think they are talored to completely different things. The razor is more for high speed, sport type riding where as the rhino is a climber. I'm not saying the razr isn't a climber but the rhino seems to dig in and crawl better.

I do feel more comfortable and secure in the razr.

Comment

I think once I put a nice set of shocks on the rhino it'll feel much better. You can tell it was designed more for utility use.

I broke a left tie rod end and wore my rear brake pads out this ride... I just ordered a rackzilla setup and new pads... no more breaking anything steering related.

Comment

Working...
                                X